Anyone on the off chance had any experience of this Washburn breed. It was their form of the Ibanez RG from what I gather. I'm especially interested in how the neck feels.

Pretty sexy looking, too:

i've got 2 washburns, both made in 1990, an acoustic and and electric, both import models. I love the neck on both of them.

The import washburn pickups are crap. but after replacing them, its one of my favorite guitars. I really cant say enough good things about the washburns neck profile.
I own the mg-70 vintage sunburst. Its one of the most beautiful looking guitars I have seen.

The neck feels fantastic actually. Its very thin and fast but doesnt feel like it'll snap. The pickups are decent, not for metal but will work for anything else. I block the floating bridge and in doing so i realised that the tuners are not very good (about 15 mins of playing before you need to tweak the tuning.)

I bought it as my first "real" guitar. Y'know, not the $100 walmart ones that you learn on. It cost me only $185 used and i think its was totally worth it.
Good stuff, thanks. How would you compare the neck to something like a Charvel?

So, the Washburn Floyd Rose isn't very good? Have you any idea if the trem is changeable for any other FR?

Thanks.

Quote by AJudgeToCrush
I own the mg-70 vintage sunburst. Its one of the most beautiful looking guitars I have seen.

The neck feels fantastic actually. Its very thin and fast but doesnt feel like it'll snap. The pickups are decent, not for metal but will work for anything else. I block the floating bridge and in doing so i realised that the tuners are not very good (about 15 mins of playing before you need to tweak the tuning.)

I bought it as my first "real" guitar. Y'know, not the $100 walmart ones that you learn on. It cost me only $185 used and i think its was totally worth it.
yeh i have themg70 mercury 2 from 1992 or something.

Mine has the stock single coils and a SD 59 inthe bridge.

Original trem, (and its a good trem by the way). I havent had any issues with my trem, very durable and maintains tune after heavy use. This guitar has been used proper. It ha had a re-fret, got stainless steel frets on it ow and its bliss. Neck is similar in feel to ibanez. Nice and fast.
my first guitar was a washburn from the maverick series bought in 1995. It was a great learning guitar but the neck was a bit too rounded for me and action very high. But had 5 pick up's and great all rounder.

Helen
The trem is very decent, but i just block it because i dont like floating stuff and all the effort that comes with it. Its not an original floyd, but i dont see why you would need one or replace it. It works just fine. But if you dont want to use the trem and take the hex clamps off the nut the tuners wont work very well.