So i just openend my guitar up as i ot a seymour duncan pickup off a mate and decided to wire the pickup straight to the output jack. Doing this i missed out the volume knob and pickup selector but it will not work the pickup sounds really weak and noisy.
is the one pickup to output jack a possible combo and if yes why wont it work.
MIJ Rhoads Pro '90
Epi LP Prophecy GX + LP Custom Maple EMGs
MIJ Soloist XL '93 =]
MIJ Fender Strat Kahler
Squire tele '94?
Warlock platinum '90? old shape

Laney VC15

Jackhammer
TRADES????
yeah it is. but it still must be grounded properly. chances are hes messing something up. there is a solo switch mod you can do where a switch is installed that bypasses tone and volume control...which is teh same as putting your tone and volume at 10. so your going to get the brightest most volume/gain out of your pickup wiring it this way.
Wiring the pickup directly to the output jack should work just fine. If you are having trouble then it's either wired wrong, has poor solder joints, or something is shorting out.

If the pickup has 4 conductor (or PVC insulated 2 conductor) wire then it's common to mix up leads and/or get them too hot so the insulation melts causing a short.

If it's a 2 conductor pickup then it common for the metal shield to touch that should be soldered to the ground to be touching the hot lug causing a short.

It's also possible that something was tugged and the pickup was broken.
You can post this in the Guitar Wiring thread.

find the link by using the GB&C Essential Links thread.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Jul 31, 2010,