I ordered a pair of P90s off the web 2 days ago. Today I facepalmed when I realised I ordered 2 bridge P90s. I was thinking of exchanging it, but in the event that I do experiment and put a bridge P90 in the neck, what sound would I expect? Is this even a good idea to begin with? I have an LP knockoff, mahogany body, if that's any help
REAL MEN HAVE NO SIGS
Well it might be too loud when you switch from the bridge pup.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by pwrmax
Hopefully you have separate volume knobs

unfortunately, just one tone and one volume, which is why I'm concerned
REAL MEN HAVE NO SIGS
Lower the neck pickup a little. It will lower the output and increase clarity and response. Originally, you didn't get different neck and bridge models of pickup - a guitar would have the same type of pickup in both locations and the only way to balance their output was to alter their heights. Electrics guitars and pickups were made in this way for many years before the concept of balanced pickup sets was introduced. So there's no harm in using a bridge pickup in the neck position, especially with something like a P-90 which is always going to be fairly low-output anyway.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Lower the neck pickup a little. It will lower the output and increase clarity and response. Originally, you didn't get different neck and bridge models of pickup - a guitar would have the same type of pickup in both locations and the only way to balance their output was to alter their heights. Electrics guitars and pickups were made in this way for many years before the concept of balanced pickup sets was introduced. So there's no harm in using a bridge pickup in the neck position, especially with something like a P-90 which is always going to be fairly low-output anyway.

Spot on, just what I needed to hear. Thanks a bunch man
REAL MEN HAVE NO SIGS
The pickup does not know where you are putting it. Just install the thing and do the normal adjustments and it will work just fine.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.