I bought cubase 5 recently, and I haven't got a midi keyboard. Is there a way to record the instruments/midi/vst's without a midi keyboard? Could you guide me through it? Thank you
Quote by TheReverend724
Riffs and Recordings bro

They have a huge Cubase 5 help thread

Thank you kind brah <3
Well yeah, you can open the piano roll page to write it in manually, or alternately, Alt + K brings up a virtual keyboard from Q - U or something similar.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by ctfod
Well yeah, you can open the piano roll page to write it in manually, or alternately, Alt + K brings up a virtual keyboard from Q - U or something similar.

How would one open this up?
Grab the pencil tool, then on the main page draw in a say, 4-bar block. Double click on that, and you'll have the page with the keyboard notes at the side and the squares in the middle, and then you can go to the Quantize option near the top-right corner of the page and choose how long the notes are (16ths, 8ths, etc). It's all very easy once you get the hang of it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by ctfod
Grab the pencil tool, then on the main page draw in a say, 4-bar block. Double click on that, and you'll have the page with the keyboard notes at the side and the squares in the middle, and then you can go to the Quantize option near the top-right corner of the page and choose how long the notes are (16ths, 8ths, etc). It's all very easy once you get the hang of it.

Right I've got to this bit, but how do I record/write what I want on here?

Sorry I really am new