im refinishing one of my guitars with a bolt on neck. i feel like it would look better if the neck was painted to match the body. can i paint the neck? how would i go about it? is there anywhere i shouldnt paint like where it joins the body?
yes you can you just need to sand off the finish if it has one
dont get paint on the part that joins the body just cover it with masking tape along with the fret board and anything else that you dont want to gt pain on
you painting the fretboard or the back of the neck??? id strongly advise you against painting the fretboard...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by SharkSandwich
im refinishing one of my guitars with a bolt on neck. i feel like it would look better if the neck was painted to match the body. can i paint the neck? how would i go about it? is there anywhere i shouldnt paint like where it joins the body?
You'll need to scuff sand the back, apply primer, colorcoat, then clearcoat.

Make sure to tape the edges of the fretboard prior to applying the Primer, color, and clear coats. Go through the tape 3X to ensure there are no gaps for the primer and color to seep through.

To ensure there are no demarcation lines between the finished back and the side/fretboard edges, during the clear process, clear the edges also, but not the top of the fretboard.

Go/Plan the steps carefully so that you won't have a mess.

IpponEdit: So, tape the top/fretboard so the edges/sides are exposed. Make sure it's very straight so that when you remove the tape on the sides for the clear, it won't peel of or expose gaps for the finish to go to the fretboard. Tape the edges/sides next.