hey, I bought a cheap knock off strat a few days ago, I'm looking into getting into customizing so I figured I'd start here. I'm going to turn the Strat into a HSH, I already have the pick-guard and such, I still have to route it out for the Humbucker slots. could anyone tell me how to do this? also any useful links, wiring diagrams, etc are appreciated. I also may need to remove the next for routing, so are there any tips on taking a neck off and putting it back on? (I've read that if done wrong you can mess up the whole guitar). thanks.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
what about putting the neck back on?
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
apparently when you take off a neck you should loosen the truss rod a bit (since it's job is to counter the string tension which its no longer doing) so it doesn't warp, then when you're putting it back on adjust it accordingly.
also make sure the joint is free of paint or dust etc when you're putting it back on.

P.S. dont take my word for it as i may be wrong, so try googling something along the lines of what ive wrote

good luck