I hear more of the guitar from the recording than I do the guy whos playing the cover.
Id stay away from the Line 6. If your looking for a good practice amp, check out some of the real low wattage tube amps, like the VHT Special 6 for example.
For a practice amp I think they are fine, but the majority of UG doesn't like them. I have a Spider III 75w and I like it. There's better amps out there, but for practicing and the things I need it for, it's good in my opinion.
budget?
genre of music?
do you gig or just lower volume practice?
new or used?
nearest major city?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by mcamp1230
I hear more of the guitar from the recording than I do the guy whos playing the cover.
Id stay away from the Line 6. If your looking for a good practice amp, check out some of the real low wattage tube amps, like the VHT Special 6 for example.

not in the solo at the end though
theyre alright for practice but i get tired of how they sound after a while
check out a small tube amp instead
I think they are just awful, but that's my opinion. How much are you willing to pay for a practice amp?
My Gear:

Bass:
Peavey Grind NTB 6 (6 string)
Cort Action Bass (4 string)
Roland Cube 30 amp
Boss ODB3 Overdrive

Guitar:
Ibanez JS100
Peavey Vyper amp
Korg Toneworks AX3000G multieffects
Dunlop Cry Baby 535Q Wah
Big Muff
Quote by backapage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZP2E8-avUs

so apparently that's a Line 6 Spider II, I was thinking about getting one for a practice combo amp but my mate told me not to, but after hearing that I kind of want to still. Is it real?

you registered in 2005.

surely you know what UG thinks of the amp.

answer the questions i posted earlier.

or you are just trolling.

kthxbai
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
you registered in 2005.

surely you know what UG thinks of the amp.

answer the questions i posted earlier.

or you are just trolling.

kthxbai

Your the man.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by obeythepenguin
On second thought, I've appropriated my brother's Spider III, and it sounds just fine. He just doesn't know jack shit about quality guitars, or setting the EQ.
This goes for most of the low-end, solid state and/or modelling practise amps. If you know what you're doing then even the crappiest amp in the world can generate a passable tone. I've seen people rock Fender Frontman halfstacks at gigs who sounded not terrible.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
"line 6 spider II "

Even the person in the video doesn't like it haha

You can get some decent sounds out of it for practice but there are better things available for the money
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Quote by backapage
You're*

Line 6 Spider II

Grammer Nazi.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
Line 6 Spider II

Grammer Nazi.

You cannot have consecutive capital letters in UG thread titles
Quote by backapage
You cannot have consecutive capital letters in UG thread titles

So you're saying I can't use: LP, SG, ESP, AC/DC?

lulz, your silly.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809
So you're saying I can't use: LP, SG, ESP, AC/DC?

lulz, your silly.

i think it only does it if you type in all caps in thread titles.

so obviously backapage must've tried to write it like this: "LINE 6 SPIDER II"
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Two words....
Peavy Vypyr
My Gear
- Peavey Vypyr 75w
- Epiphone SG G-310(Added Seymour Duncan's)
- Epiphone Black Beauty III
- Ibanez RG200
- Squier Telecaster Retrovibe
- John
Last edited by KingDime666 at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by obeythepenguin
I don't care for the Spiders; they always sound like a pissed-off sine wave generator, and I despise the digital controls (for crying out loud, it's an amplifier, not a stealth bomber). Much as I'd love to play devil's advocate to the anti-Spider bandwagon, I'm convinced from experience they have absolutely no redeeming qualities.

If I had to choose an amp in that price range, I'd personally go with the Marshall MG. It's certainly not a high end tube amp, but at least it has a usable clean channel, and almost passable controls. Just remember, buy cheap gear and you pretty much get what you pay for.

I didn't know they had steath bombers back in the 50's were your clearly living. You despise digital controls? I've got one its got knobs and a screen its a fine layout and a very similar layout to an MG.

Although for solid state I would recommend the MG just please don't turn the gain up and do a zakk wylde impression it sounds terrible and I hate to see it.
SMILE!
I'm not jumping in the bandwagon, but the Peavey Vypyr is much better than the Spider, and they are about the same price.

I find that it replicates tube tones better than the Spider does, and the majority of guitarists prefer tube tones over digital tones.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by TMF128 at Aug 2, 2010,
Quote by obeythepenguin
Yes, but analog controls have this one really great feature: they stay right where you set them.

but you can save digital control presets, you cant do that with analog, but i prefer analog regardless
Quote by obeythepenguin
You can save them, yeah, but then as soon as you touch the controls your presets are gone. And you can't see what the presets were, so if you didn't write down the numbers, you're screwed.

I've found the Spider has exactly two redeeming qualities: a decent speaker, and the CD/MP3 jack. Lousy guitar amp, but it works beautifully with my keyboard.

This is why I like the Vypyr's interface. Super easy to read.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.