Hi all, Im new to this forum, and I have a question about Bigsby vibratos. Im thinking about buying the Gretsch G5135 from Musicians friend, and it has a Bigsby B50 vibrato on it..Now, my question is, can u raise pitches with a bigsby vibrato, as well as lower them?? And if u can raise pitches with a Bigsby, how high can u raise them?? I would like to be able 2 raise the G string by 3 semitones, is that possible with a B50?? And, some other questions I have r these..R the Bigsby B50s the lisenced versions of the origional Bigsby vibratos?? And how well will this tremelo stay in tune?? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!

BTW: If I do buy that guitar I was thinking about putting on some locking tuners, a roller nut, a new Tonepros roller bridge, and some TV Jones pickups in it..Idk if this really helps yall answer my questions, but I just thought I would throw that in there..lol
Yes, you can raise the pitch. Raising the pitch by several semitones will knock the guitar out of tune. A roller saddle/roller nut would make a slight difference, but would not eliminate the problem. Before buying a roller nut, try lubricating the stock nut, maybe get a guitar tech to take a look at it to see if it's filed properly. Usually, that's enough.