I was just wondering, if you have a combo, can you plug that into a cabinet, and get basically an extra amp out of that? Also, how do heads and cabs work?
alot of combos have an out for an extension cabinet
head goes into cab the head has the amplifier part and the cab has the speakers
they both have to have the ohms matched for best performance
So, basically, if you had a sweet sounding 30W combo amp that had all the tones you wanted, you could then just get a cab or cabs and then you'd be loud ebough for a stage or even a stadium?
Quote by Venomtank
So, basically, if you had a sweet sounding 30W combo amp that had all the tones you wanted, you could then just get a cab or cabs and then you'd be loud ebough for a stage or even a stadium?

no a 30 watt combo is not going to get louder by adding speakers it would only make it i guess fuller unless you get more efficient speakers but im not going to explain all that right now
in short no in that case youd probably just mic it into a pa system
most tube amps have 3 outputs be it a head or a combo, if you were to have a 1x12 combo and connected a 2x12 cab to it, it will sound marginally louder but not by much
So, by connecting it too another speaker, it cancels out the one already and just 'steals' the tone?
Quote by Venomtank
So, by connecting it too another speaker, it cancels out the one already and just 'steals' the tone?

on combos usually when you plug in the extension the speaker in the combo is turned off
Ah right. Does it do that with a Head aswell? Do heads produce that much sound on their own? Probably all seem like stupid questions, but I really don't know :S