In theory, I should be able to make an impulse out of an EQ changer, or pedal, like this, right?

So I generate a test tone sine wave with Voxengo Deconvolver, and send that output into the pedal with the settings I want, then send that to my device's input, then record that.

It sounds kind of acousticy, but not really at all what I hear with just putting my guitar -> pedal -> Line6 GX.

What am I doing wrong?
Assuming it's just EQ, and your signal chain is fine, it should probably work. The pedal may work dynamically though, i.e. it responds according to the amplitude envelope of the input, and this is something that impulse responses can't capture on their own. This could be nothing to do with your problem, I dunno how the pedal works, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Well I tried to do it over and over but it still just doesn't capture the sound.

Is there any other tool that makes impulses out of comparing 2 sound files than Voxengo Deconvolver?
Last edited by Clay-man at Jul 31, 2010,