has anybody else ever reached a point in life where they dont know what to do next?

i just had that feeling myself and thought it would be interesting to hear from others...

so pit, whats your story?

got to the top of your job?

been in a relationship that wasnt going anywhere?

done everything you ever planned on doing?

winged it all your life and decided its time to get a plan?

finished uni/collage and dont really know what to do with your qualifications?

or something guitar related.... got all the gear you wanted
and dont know what else to buy? lol

i would add a poll but i think there are going to end up being too many options to add =)

ok my story...

i have completely winged it all my life and now i have a job (a career), a car, a guitar, a band, drinking buddies and im not sure what to do next...

i guess a girlfriend would be a start but im living the single life for abit =)
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
no, I'm not dead yet. I think I'd need several lifetimes to do everything I've ever planned to do. that's the joy in not really having done anything.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Jul 31, 2010,
Welcome to one of my philosophies on life TS. Once your content, your life is over

Its like playing a video game. Once you beat it, and its 100%, you dont wanna play anymore because its become boring. The only reason you played was for the challenge of beating it, and now that the challenge is gone, so is your desire to play
Last edited by tubatom868686 at Jul 31, 2010,
Quote by Dave Frenzy
has anybody else ever reached a point in life where they dont know what to do next?

i just had that feeling myself and thought it would be interesting to hear from others...

so pit, whats your story?

got to the top of your job?

been in a relationship that wasnt going anywhere?

done everything you ever planned on doing?

winged it all your life and decided its time to get a plan?

finished uni/collage and dont really know what to do with your qualifications?

or something guitar related.... got all the gear you wanted
and dont know what else to buy? lol

i would add a poll but i think there are going to end up being too many options to add =)

ok my story...

i have completely winged it all my life and now i have a job (a career), a car, a guitar, a band, drinking buddies and im not sure what to do next...

i guess a girlfriend would be a start but im living the single life for abit =)

Finished college, in a long term relationship, part time work on minimum wage (seasonal so I'll be layed off in September) and no massive savings account that contains £20k that can't be accessed til I'm 21 that so many people seem to have.
A plan would be exactly what I need right now. But as we speak I'm heading off outside for a fag before I go to sleep and wake up for a days paintballing tomorrow.
Im a lazy ****

EDIT: fag = smoke. FYI non-Britfags.
Last edited by SkepsisMetal at Jul 31, 2010,
Quote by tubatom868686
Welcome to one of my philosophies on life TS. Once your content, your life is over

Its like playing a video game. Once you beat it, and its 100%, you dont wanna play anymore because its become boring. The only reason you played was for the challenge of beating it, and now that the challenge is gone, so is your desire to play

I disagree. Life isn't a fucking videogame.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by MakinLattes
no, I'm not dead yet.

that can be arranged >_______>

OT: its happened to me. i guess just find another hobby to keep you busy.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Keep living. Something will catch you eye and attention, and when it does, don't let it go - it's better than forcing something to work when you don't know what you want.

Don't get into the assumption that what you love just sticks around, though. Sometimes you have to fight to keep what you want.

As far as the "once you're content, your life is over" comment, it's only as apathetic as the person who believes it. Nothing is ever gone completely until you abandon it. If you must have constant stimulation in life to find purpose to the point that you feel success sucks the point out of living, you never had drive to begin with and were just filling idle time.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Yeah, I've pretty much felt like this for a few years now...
As death, when we come to consider it, is the true goal of our existence, I have formed during the last few years such close relations with this best and truest friend of mankind, that his image is not only no longer terrifying to me, but just is.
Quote by Jackal58
I disagree. Life isn't a fucking videogame.

Its a metaphor

What Im basically getting at is that the times in my life that Ive been most depressed are the ones where I wasnt working towards something tangible. To me, life stops when you get everything you want.

You can disagree, but thats why its my philosophy. Cause it works for me
Last edited by tubatom868686 at Jul 31, 2010,
Quote by tubatom868686
Its a metaphor

It's a bad metaphor. Insinuating that life is like a video game in that once you complete it, you've got no purpose is ludicrous - it would suggest that you've completed your life, which would make you at the end of it and beyond, which means dead, and as such doesn't pertain to the OP's concept. His life isn't LITERALLY over - he's feeling without purpose.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
It's a bad metaphor. Insinuating that life is like a video game in that once you complete it, you've got no purpose is ludicrous - it would suggest that you've completed your life, which would make you at the end of it and beyond, which means dead, and as such doesn't pertain to the OP's concept. His life isn't LITERALLY over - he's feeling without purpose.

I said its my philosophy. No one said you had to agree
Quote by tubatom868686
I said its my philosophy. No one said you had to agree

I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with your philosophy in the second post I made, which was to say that once you've succeeded in what you set out to do in life, you feel listless and without purpose. I said your metaphor was inaccurately stated.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I didn't say I agreed or disagreed with your philosophy in the second post I made, which was to say that once you've succeeded in what you set out to do in life, you feel listless and without purpose. I said your metaphor was inaccurately stated.

I see what you mean. But I also challenge you to come up with a better metaphor

The most important things are the hardest to say IME
Quote by MakinLattes
what, you want to duel or something?

bring it on
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by MakinLattes
I was thinking more along the lines of twenty paces at dawn.

oh fine then. whatever suits your style.
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Quote by tubatom868686
I see what you mean. But I also challenge you to come up with a better metaphor

The most important things are the hardest to say IME

Accepted.

It's like climbing the tallest mountain. You reach the top, you realized you've scaled the highest point, and look down. You see nothing, realizing your accomplishment has put you out of sight, out of touch with everything else, and what was intended to be such as sense of accomplishment then becomes profoundly empty and sad. Disenchantment is an easy thing to come by when the only place to go is back down to find out what you've missed in your search for glory.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Accepted.

It's like climbing the tallest mountain. You reach the top, you realized you've scaled the highest point, and look down. You see nothing, realizing your accomplishment has put you out of sight, out of touch with everything else, and what was intended to be such as sense of accomplishment then becomes profoundly empty and sad. Disenchantment is an easy thing to come by when the only place to go is back down to find out what you've missed in your search for glory.

I like how that sounds a lot better. Im gonna use that if you dont mind
Quote by tubatom868686

Nah no worries man. Go for it. Just don't take credit

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by tubatom868686

It beats the hell out of a videogame analogy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Thought this was going to be a botched GNR lyrics thread

misleading thread title is misleading.
Needs a new sig

Scandanavian Metal > American Thrash/Groove> Everything Else

Gear:
Jackson JS32T Kelly
Ibanez RG120
RavenRG60
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by :Vicious--
oh fine then. whatever suits your style.

we need a place and a time. this could be a preventative technique for TS. we could potentially save him from the listlessness of content.
Quote by MakinLattes
we need a place and a time. this could be a preventative technique for TS. we could potentially save him from the listlessness of content.

yeah i know... i noticed the lack of on topic posts lol
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
Quote by Jackal58
It beats the hell out of a videogame analogy.

Lol, I think the video game isnt a TERRIBLE analogy. I think people are just turned off by it because of all the bad things connotated with video games, particularly RPG's.

But I still think his is better