The So So Glos

Definitely a cool band. New York rock'n'roll punk. On the page I'd say check out 99 Degrees or We Got the Days. My Block is pretty good. i'm not much of a fan of Island Loops, but whatevzz.

I've really been digging them lately. My drummer burned me their albums, and I'm pretty stoked on it.

Anyone else listen to these guys? Or do you guys dig the link?
DOWN&OUT
This is quite good, the guitars and stuff are a bit more indie than I usually like, but the songs are really strong.

I reckon my drummer would like this.
I was interested in what you'd think, Brian. Their songs are quite strong. I personally really like the indie guitar style when its used the way they use it, as opposed to the twee or mellow way some bands use it. All preference I suppose, but I like the casual ruckus feeling.

They have this great song I wish was up there called Irish Rose. It has a great saloon swing sort of vibe going on.
DOWN&OUT
hmmm playing in Brooklyn tommorow, maybe I should go. Sounds pretty cool. Really dont like the production though.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
hmmm playing in Brooklyn tommorow, maybe I should go. Sounds pretty cool. Really dont like the production though.

Eh. I dig the production, it might be worth seeing 'em anyways. My drummer has seen them a few times when he's been in NY and he's indicated they're wonderful live.

If you got nothin' else to do
DOWN&OUT
yea I was going to go to Warren 77 with a couple of buddies, Ill ask them but I want to see a show as aforementioned in the off topic thread lol I like the vibe though, except for the electronic drums in the one song.

Edit: oh and you mentioned that just checked the thread lol JUst texted the guys thanks for the heads up!!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Last edited by GoodCharloteSux at Aug 4, 2010,
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
yea I was going to go to Warren 77 with a couple of buddies, Ill ask them but I want to see a show as aforementioned in the off topic thread lol I like the vibe though, except for the electronic drums in the one song.

Oh. Fuck. yeah, I love the Glos, but I HATE that song. I don't know what they were thinking. The ones I mentioned in the first post are MUCH better songs, in my opinion. I was hoping no one would listen to that one

If you do go let me know how they are. And tell them to play Seventeen, Irish Rose, or Mold Baby. I'd be mad jealous! Those songs are sooo good.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
I was interested in what you'd think, Brian. Their songs are quite strong. I personally really like the indie guitar style when its used the way they use it, as opposed to the twee or mellow way some bands use it. All preference I suppose, but I like the casual ruckus feeling.

They have this great song I wish was up there called Irish Rose. It has a great saloon swing sort of vibe going on.

Yeah it sort of works. I find indie guitar always has a very predictable style though, like you always know there the chord stabs are, and the little spaceship lead line. That kinda pisses me off.

But what do I know? F*ck all.
saw 'em with ted leo, earlier this year I think. pretty rad band. I had never heard of them, and by the end of their set I was a fan. I dig the track "We Got the Days"
We Got the Days is an awesome song. I really love the song Mold Baby, with the uke. When they slow down and do that swing, fuck it's good. Wish they had those songs up.

GC did you make it to see them?
DOWN&OUT