Thought UG would get a kick out of this.
I went to a local guitar store today and seen this, apparently this is a '50 something tele (I can't remember what year the sales guy said) and the guy that owned it didn't want a tele anymore so he decided to route it into a strat like shape.

They were busy so I was only able to get one pic with my phone, as funky as it looks the shape is starting to grow on me. Just thought I'd post it and see what everyone else thinks.
Attachments:
13v2h0q0jdz11.jpg
='(
Gotta finish my work, then play some grooves, so I can turn my room into a house of blues...
Looks sorta like a SG...but the one horn being bigger than the other really kills it for me....bleh.
That was an Actual 50's Tele?!
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
Quote by unicornfist
That was an Actual 50's Tele?!

From what the sales guy told me yes, he also told me the guy who cut it did it in the 60's or the early 70's so it wasn't worth as much then as they are now. it'd be like cutting up a guitar from the 90's now.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
Quote by Kyle-Rehm
From what the sales guy told me yes, he also told me the guy who cut it did it in the 60's or the early 70's so it wasn't worth as much then as they are now. it'd be like cutting up a guitar from the 90's now.

Why the hell would he do that to a tele?
Quote by SilverRock113

Why the hell would he do that to a tele?

he wanted an SG
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Reminds me of this
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Quote by thematthill5
Looks sorta like a SG...but the one horn being bigger than the other really kills it for me....bleh.

Yeah, but like, have you ever seen an SG? Because last time I checked, one SG horn is significantly larger than the other. And by last time I checked, I mean I own an SG standard and that's how it works.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite