Yes that's what im asking.
I bought a B.C Rich NT jr V guitar and the neck feels too thick for me. (even though i don't really like B.C Rich, but i got it for 300 euros and it has original floyd rose and it's neck trough)
I have heard that some people has done this, but my guitar is a NECK TROUGH
Is it possible to do this?
don't

you'll fudge it up
now if your like me and you sand just the finish off for a slicker feeling neck then by all means, go ahead
Quote by bdof
don't

you'll fudge it up
now if your like me and you sand just the finish off for a slicker feeling neck then by all means, go ahead

If i'm ever going to do it, I am not going to do it by myself. I'm just asking is it possible to do it to a neck trough guitar
it is possible yes but:
a)sanding the neck down will take a LONG time
b)you may need to re-laquer it after your done
c) if it were me, and the neck felt smooth i'd be happy, because im building my own guitar and it has bumps and watnot everywhere, its hard to get perfect, so be very careful

as i said it will take a long time, also depending on the phisical size of the truss will indicate how much you can safely take offbut as a general rule truss's are small.
and on a personal note, id never buy a b.c. rich as they are cheap, and well with most guitars the cheaper the worse... i hope i helped.
Giant lobsters eating thoughts of mine
Thanks Though i'm not going to do it myself.. I'm going to ask this "expert" if he could do it for me. And yes as i said earlier, i'm not a big fan of B.C Rich, but cmon.. original floyd rose and neck trough construction for around 300 euros original price is around 500-600 euros and this guitar would be PERFECT for me only if it had thinner neck
Last edited by expertzone at Jul 31, 2010,
good idea, if it cant be taken down any, then the professional will either tell you he cant do it, or break it and buy you a new one haha!

good luck, and fair enough, i mean my main guitar was bought for 350 australian, and my like 1000$ ibanez cant touch it, haha!
Giant lobsters eating thoughts of mine