So, one year ago a bout a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL half stack and I love it!
Problem: I can't take that gigantic amp to University (an hour away)
I need a solution. I have a really crappy micro amp but that's hardly a replacement. Any thoughts on a solution or a good mini amp? Thank you!
Gear:
Fender American Strat
Washburn Idol
Pitchblack > Cst OD > M5 > Flashback Tripple Delay > SIZE=1]Whirly Verb
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
Marshall 1960AV
Style you play? Tube or solid state? NEED MOAR INFO.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Man, just buy a 2x12 cab and keep the volume down.
No reason why you can't do that.
I play a bit of everything, but mostly hard rock. I've heard that the Roland cube was pretty good.
I was thinking of maybe just getting an acoustic.
Hmmm I haven't thought a 2x12 cab... that could be a possibility.
I don't really want to shell out for another amp right now, but if I had to splurge I'd look for a used amp around $200-$300.
Gear:
Fender American Strat
Washburn Idol
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
Marshall 1960AV
Just found a nice 2x12 cabinet on craigslist (Phoenix) for $100. Maybe I'll get it...
Gear:
Fender American Strat
Washburn Idol
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
Marshall 1960AV
Get a good 2x12 for the DSL and keep the master volume down.
Probably the cheapest and best sounding option.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
get an orange crush. they're great and have a headphone jack. perfect. i plan on bringing mine to school this year.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Buy a Sansamp pedal to use as a headphone amp in the dorm. If you find yourself gigging while at school just get a Sansamp cabinet to use it with.
Just take your amp. I fit a 500w bass half stack, a 30w 112 combo, Acoustic, Electric, Bass Guitars, a mandolin, a pedalboard, a keyboard, and a djembe in my dorm room with a roomate.
Quote by mattocaster99
Just take your amp. I fit a 500w bass half stack, a 30w 112 combo, Acoustic, Electric, Bass Guitars, a mandolin, a pedalboard, a keyboard, and a djembe in my dorm room with a roomate.

not sure if serious
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
not sure if serious

I don't see why he wouldn't be... I fit my 100w carvin halfstack in my dorm with plenty of room for other stuff.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
I don't see why he wouldn't be... I fit my 100w carvin halfstack in my dorm with plenty of room for other stuff.

my 50w mesa would have blown out the entire building at the lowest volume. Fitting in the room is nothing, try living there.
Guitars
Amps
if you have a decent set of cpu speakers i heard some nice tones outta that line 6 UX-2... guitar into computer. Small setup, can play at whatever volume, as has all those amp models with the software. I brought my peavey 6505 to school with me the last 2 years and it was just a bit too loud to practice (plus its nice to crank it anyway) so i normally just played unplugged.
I'm in the same boat bro.

Gonna have to leave my Mesa at home (4 hrs) and go back to my little spider III
Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier

Jackson DKMG

Hot Rodded Telecaster

"of course he`s egotistical we`re all egotistical if we weren`t we`d be bassists."

Alter Bridge Pearl Jam Foo Fighters 3 Doors Down
Either headphone amp, software, modeling stuff, or small solid state. Leave your big amp at home and go and get it if you need to gig or practice for gigging. A 2 hour round trip really isn't that bad in the grand scheme of things.

That said, I'm bringing 3 guitars, a bass, 3 amps, and recording equipment with me to university in the fall.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig