Alright, so, on my computer (I'm on my sister's right now) a youtube video for The Pope Of Dope kept popping up, which was weird, and then those little windows kept popping up witht he big red X on them (you know, the warning ones or whatever) telling me to point the camera at my face (implying the webcam I assume) so I came here to post this topic on THAT computer, when it told me not to post that topic! I'm freakin' out over here. I shut down the computer by unplugging it and then piut it in safe mode and it seems to be good for now....

I seriously need some help with this...does anyone know WTF is going on??
Cyber police tracked you down.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I did! He kept saying "Point the camera at your face pretty girl" so I thought if he knew I was a guy he'd leave me alone (which was silly to think anways...) but when I did, he opened like, a ton of things and that's when I had to unplug my comptuer and restart it...

Also, thanks Schecter, I'm doing that right now.
Yeah, I figured that was part of the problem. I usuall had Tren Micro security doing all of that, but it expired TODAY. ****ers work quick, don't they?
Quote by Imme94
Yeah, I figured that was part of the problem. I usuall had Tren Micro security doing all of that, but it expired TODAY. ****ers work quick, don't they?

Tbh, nowadays you don't need to pay for an antiviruses software. Maleware, a good firewall, and common sense is all you really need.

If you want more protection you can try this as well,

http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Antivirus/3000-2239_4-10019223.html?tag=contentMain;contentAux
Damnit, I told you not to make a thread about it, now I'm gonna have to kill you.

Quote by CoreysMonster

I still like cho0onger more than the 2 of you

Quote by OneHappyCamper
joke's on you, i actually fuck my cat
Wowzers! HAha, alright thanks! I'm definitely downloading that!

And @cho0onger, don't even joke like that! I had serious "Call came from inside the house" feeling the whole freakin' time!
It's still scanning, it says it's found 14 "infections" out of like 83000 and counting.
Yeah somebody probably put a RAT(remote administrator tool, an example would be Sub 7) on your computer. So they can basically do anything they want on that computer. The anti-virus I used to use was BitDefender 2010(cracked version) and it worked pretty well. Although I don't really get viruses because I try not to download things that I don't need.
So, the scan I'm doing, and the Avast download Schecter suggested will get rid of whatever is allowing this person to do all this?
Quote by Imme94
So, the scan I'm doing, and the Avast download Schecter suggested will get rid of whatever is allowing this person to do all this?

Yeah that should take care all of your problems. If you really wanna make sure try Search and Destory,

http://download.cnet.com/Spybot-Search-amp-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10122137.html?tag=mncol

But those 2 really should have it taken care of.
Quote by Imme94
I did! He kept saying "Point the camera at your face pretty girl" so I thought if he knew I was a guy he'd leave me alone (which was silly to think anways...) but when I did, he opened like, a ton of things and that's when I had to unplug my comptuer and restart it...

Wait, there was actually a dude communicating with you through your computer? That is probably one of the creepiest things I've ever heard.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Alrighty! Thanks man! As you can tell, computers aren't really my "thing" so this was very helpful!
I thought Spybot had gotten outdated.

TS is lucky his computer dfidnt rape him.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

It was extremely scary! I was typing things into Notepad so I could tell him I wasn't a hot chick! It was straight out of a "Comptuer comes to life and kills owner" movie! (Because they make those... >_> )
Jesus. I have nothing helpful to ad except that that is really creepy. I downloaded SuperAntiSpyware free edition the other night and it found a lot of stuff even Malewarebytes was missing. Might be worth a backup shot?
DOWN&OUT
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Cyber police tracked you down.

he mad, and he dun goofed
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by anorexorcist15
Hit it, always works.

What if the hacker hits back

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Reading this thread is seriously creeping me out... I feel like it was a bad move buying the built-in webcam on my laptop now.
Quote by schecter ftw
Any luck?

Yeah man, the scan finished and I turned Avast on, worked perfectly. Nothing weird happening or anything. I even wrote a little message to him in notepad to see if he was there Thanks so much!!

Also, I'd like to add that this has to be one of the weirdest ****in' things that's ever happened on this freakin' computer....
Also, I think whoever this was had been doing it for a while. I always knock the webcam off of the top of my computer out of paranoia anyways, but for the past month or so the computer would keep opening the webcam software on it's own. Gives me chills just thinking about it. This guy could've seen straight into my living room!
Holy shit that's messed up bro...
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by J Mud
Reading this thread is seriously creeping me out... I feel like it was a bad move buying the built-in webcam on my laptop now.

Just put a piece of tape over the lens youll be fine.

Just watch out for these guys....
Attachments:
fbi-watching-you.jpg