Well. it's Luis's birthday everyone. he deserves it as much as Derek.....

what'd you get Luis?

I got you this

(Invalid img)
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era

I know it's not going to compete with MC's NAD... but purhaps it will ease the void left by your utter dissapointment?
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Explorer New Century
Gibson RD Artist
Fender American Standard Telecaster

Amps:

Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM800 2203 - 1960A

Pedals:

Crybaby 535Q
Rockbox Boiling Point Overdrive
I know what Derek got. so I'm ok. I know what Luis got also. but thats not the point of the thread. the point of this thread is to take as much away from Derek's thread as possible
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
ok why? just out of spite?
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial
Quote by lostjesse
ok why? just out of spite?

Yes. and because They're both cool dudes.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era

Happy Birthday Mexican_Shred

bought you a new Sombrero for those sunny mexican days... a guy cant have too many sombreros can he
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Jul 31, 2010,
Happy birthday! This should go nicely in the Mesa vein:

I'll include the receipt anyways though :P.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by Bostonrocks
Yes. and because They're both cool dudes.

awesome
And if I don't see ya, in a long, long while

I'll try to find you

Left of the dial
I was gonna get him a Roadking! But then I figured he'd probably just sell it again
Happy Birthday!
Last edited by littlephil at Jul 31, 2010,

You mean you couldn't spring for the Ballbuster?

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

You mean you couldn't spring for the Ballbuster?

oh my god, I remember that.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
happy birthday juarez!

have a beer.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
mexi shred i'd have gotten you a quickrod, because they are elite and i made the mistake of getting a nitro.
Guitars
Amps
the ballbuster is easily the greatest internet/guitar nerd joke ever.
there are several fake descriptions of it on the internet. this one being my favorite

"This 12 channel head has it all! The Mark I, Mark IIC+, the Mark III, The Mark IV, the Mark V, the Mark VI, the Mark VII, The Lonestar, the Stiletto, the Dual Rectifier, the Triple Rectifier, and the Quadruple Rectifier. Choose one channel, or run up to all 12 channels at the same time. Adjustable wattage from 1-500, and get this......you can adjust in .5 watt increments!! The new Mesa Ballbuster Dectuple Rectifier boasts 12 (yep) 12AX7 preamp tubes, 10 6L6 and 10 EL34 power tubes. The 84 channel midi controlled footswitch lets you control all channels. Built in blue tooth lets you communicate with your computer making this the world's first DAW compatible tube amp. The Matching Decto Cab 1040 boasts 4X12 inch Celestion Alnico Gold 150 watt 16 Ohm speakers especially designed by Celestion for Mesa Boogie. The full stack two cabinet option allows the head to be run in mono or stereo using the stereo switch. Brian Marnet, head of marketing North American Division, says that the head will retail for under $3000 and the cabs will retail for under $1200 each. A 4X12 combo version pushing 250 watts will be available by March 2010. Among the artists clamoring to endorse the new head: Brian May, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Slash, Joe Bonnamosa, Eddie Van Halen and Joe Satriani. Quote from Slash, "Dude, this amp is the shizzle. My brain hurts from playing it too loud this morning."

If they actually made that I think it would probably cost a lot more than $3k, mesa ain't cheap.

and slash using the word "shizzle"
Last edited by handbanana at Aug 1, 2010,
+1 awesome find

w/ 20 power tubes that thing could probably heat a small apartment
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
You mean you couldn't spring for the Ballbuster series 2 with 2 added graphic EQs?

Thats all well and good, but everyone knows the older chrome face 1 GEQ model sounds better.
Quote by littlephil
Thats all well and good, but everyone knows the older chrome face 1 GEQ model sounds better.

True, but the Even older blackface models withe 1 GEQ is even more rare and sound amazing.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
True, but the Even older blackface models withe 1 GEQ is even more rare and sound amazing.

Touché.
I almost forgot Luis! I also got you this guitar. they say it's more bell like than a strat more beefy than a Les Paul more twangy than a telecaster and can leap tall building in a single err... I mean it's cheaper than either of those two. I also had it painted with the blood of a nun and the hardware is all pure gold made from what was left over on Derek's last amp.
A SCHECTER!
\(Invalid img)
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Aug 1, 2010,
I gotz the schecter for the brootz. Screw my ibanez stock!

/jk

Thanks for the wishes everyone. I shall treat you all visually to a couple of treats in the upcoming week. I assure you itll be better than MCLAWs NAD, item wise. Clip wise...my Recording gear is on loan to a great friend. Lets just say we both got something nice we didnt expect for the price.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by handbanana
+1 awesome find

w/ 20 power tubes that thing could probably heat a small apartment

That thing would melt the wattmeter outside your house!
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
Quote by mexican_shred
I assure you itll be better than MCLAWs NAD, item wise

Only cause you're getting TWO amps
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Since I missed this the first time around, I thought I'd give it a bump... it deserves it. F'n hillarious guys!