I just recently bought a used Ibanez S540, with a Floyd Rose locking tremolo. It seems no matter how much I work the strings in, and tune them properly, the g-string is always off. For instance, if I tune it to be able to play a proper D major chord, it's completely off if I want to go for an F bar chord. Please help me out.
Quote by Kcintlob
When I saw the title I lol'd

Me too
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
you have to tune it to play different chords?
but mostly it sounds like an intonation problem
You need to move the little saddle for the g string. Get a very, very small allen wrench and move that saddle forward or backward til it sounds right. You'll have to reset it every time you do. You may just wanna get a guitar shop to do this for you though, as you said you just bought it. Unless you're familiar with Floyd Roses, resetting them is a pain in the ass times two.
I was for sure that this would be a joke. I am dissapoint
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
You need to move the little saddle for the g string. Get a very, very small allen wrench and move that saddle forward or backward til it sounds right. You'll have to reset it every time you do. You may just wanna get a guitar shop to do this for you though, as you said you just bought it. Unless you're familiar with Floyd Roses, resetting them is a pain in the ass times two.

That sounds like it might do the trick, thanks. I'll probably just take it to my local guitar shop like you said though, I don't wanna f*ck anything up yet lol. And also, how would I know which way to move it (up or down)? Is it just something I have to screw around with?
If the note is sharp, move it backwards; if the note is flat, move it forwards
Quote by Natrone
I'm a pretty hardcore Christian. I would like to sincerely apologize that you ran into that little fucktard

Quote by mystique facade
dale-banez made a fool of himself..lol

my gear:

oh wait, no one cares