I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread.
Does anyone know what kind of synth sound, maybe string sound that is in the intro of U2's "Where the Streets Have No Name"? Thanks
The jangly part that comes over the church pipe organ (cathedral organ) is no synth.

It's The Edge playing a stratocaster through an old Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man analog delay effect, into a Vox tube amplifier.

Both the stratocaster (single coil pickups) and the Vox amp are important to get the bright shimmering sound in combination with the delay.
Last edited by ColdGin at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by ColdGin
The jangly part that comes over the church pipe organ (cathedral organ) is no synth.

It's The Edge playing a stratocaster through an old Electro-Harmonix Stereo Memory Man analog delay effect, into a Vox tube amplifier.

Both the stratocaster (single coil pickups) and the Vox amp are important to get the bright shimmering sound in combination with the delay.

You could get away with this, I'm sure. Though, I saw the schematic for his live setup and it involves two systems of amplifiers n'stuff. I can't seem to find it at the moment.