Heya!

I'm sure it's happened to many of you before, and I struggled to find anything in the search column, but whenever I record myself playing and instrument, it doesn' twork. So sound comes out. It's not the lead, because I have tried with many other ones, and I doubt it's the guitar. I have gone to Control Panel, and Made sure that nothing is muted, but still: NO SOUND!

Please help me.

*edit* and I've tried 3 different kinds of recording programs, and none of them work...also, I get weird, trippy kind of sounds. This is ****ing annoying.
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Last edited by coco-loco at Jul 31, 2010,
How are you trying to record? Share some info on how you have things setup and I might be able to help.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Lol, as basic as it could be:

There is an input jack in the computer, which is connected to a lead, and that same lead is connected to my guitar. No pedals, no nothing.
Quote by slash_GNR666

Hmm well if you have a 1/4 inch jack going in to your guitar and the other end is going in to your line in ( the red hole ) in your computer.
you really are going basic, but thats how i started if you listen to any of my mp3's on this site you will see what i mean :S .
but if your struggling to get sound recognition on your computer try this
Click start

control panel

sound speech and audio devices

then click sound and audio devices, on the VOLUME tab make sure the devise volume is full then click on the Audio tab and under SOUND RECORDING set it to StigmaTelAudio ( this is usual the basic line in but there might be a different option so try them all ) then click apply if that dosent work then message back and i will try some thing else for ya (:
Quote by blubbernugget1
Hmm well if you have a 1/4 inch jack going in to your guitar and the other end is going in to your line in ( the red hole ) in your computer.
you really are going basic, but thats how i started if you listen to any of my mp3's on this site you will see what i mean :S .
but if your struggling to get sound recognition on your computer try this
Click start

control panel

sound speech and audio devices

then click sound and audio devices, on the VOLUME tab make sure the devise volume is full then click on the Audio tab and under SOUND RECORDING set it to StigmaTelAudio ( this is usual the basic line in but there might be a different option so try them all ) then click apply if that dosent work then message back and i will try some thing else for ya (:

Nah, It doesn't work-I tried it before, and I just tried it again then. oh and by the way, it's just 1 part of a song where I don't use any effects lol. Most of the time distortion and Overdrive or wah is attached lol. thanks again though!!!
Quote by slash_GNR666

oh right thats probably because the input signal isn't strong enough :S f you double click the speaker in the task bar in the bottom left hit options > property's > then hit recording and tick all the boxes below hit okay then turn all of the bars up to full try that if you haven't already
hmm that's weird
task bar
options

then it's stuck on playback.
It won't let me click on recording!!
Quote by slash_GNR666

IM not sure how thinsg work direct in, but when i mic a guitar cab or anything for that matter i use my cube 30 amp or my ART single tube "preamp" . it gives it the boost to pick up that faint signal and amplifies it to Line level to be recorded
-------------
--The Rig--
Peavey 5150 Head
BBE 362 SONIC MAXIMIZER
dbx 266xl COMPRESSOR GATE
Q215 PEAVEY EQ
Mesa 4x12 Standard Rectifier cab
ESP,LTD Viper 400 baritone (fitted with EMG81,85 actives)
-------------