Doing some upgrading to my stratocaster and I need some help choosing pickups all three, neck, middle & bridge. I need something that will work great for mainly blues and rock. I've gravitated towards the DiMarzio brand but I'm not sure which of their models will work well for the styles I mentioned. Should I look at other brands? Can anyone help me find some great sounding pickups? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
SG
What Strat model are you upgrading from?

Quote by masterquest
Doing some upgrading to my stratocaster and I need some help choosing pickups all three, neck, middle & bridge. I need something that will work great for mainly blues and rock. I've gravitated towards the DiMarzio brand but I'm not sure which of their models will work well for the styles I mentioned. Should I look at other brands? Can anyone help me find some great sounding pickups? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Tone Zone; Virtual Vintage or Cruiser. All fine DiMarzio Strat pickups for what you want to do.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Lollars.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I put Texas special in my neck - very great bluesy, funky, neck solo pickup In the middle - Van Zandt Rock - It's really great for rock music and works well with texas special together. In the bridge you could add maybe single coil sized humbucker, for the heavier music, if you do like it )
I put a combo of SD SSL-1 in the neck and middle and a SD SSL-5 in the bridge and it sounds unreal
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
what amp do u have?

If u want seymour duncans, get SSL-1 for neck and middle, SSl-5 for bridge.
If u want dimarzio, area 61 for neck and middle and virtual vintage blues for bridge.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
What's your budget?
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by Raijouta
Lollars.

those.

i've also had good experience with lace sensor hot golds.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
+1 To lollars and lace sensors.

There's also bare knuckle pups.

And another brand called shadow, i've never tried their pups but they might sound good.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.