It arrived! My new G&L Legacy USA. For anyone wondering, this guitar is a strat style guitar and to be honest, probably deserves the name Stratocaster more than what Fender is putting out today. G&L itself stands for George and Leo, as in George Fullerton and Leo Fender (the name Fender might sound somewhat familiar to a few of you). G&L was founded a few years after Leo had started designing instruments for MusicMan such as the Stingray bass. Yeah this dude is that legit and he didn't even know how to play the guitar.

First off, this guitar is a tone monster. The stock pickups were perfect for surf rock style stuff, but I replaced them in favor of a set of DiMarzio Area pickups (61b/67m/58n). You probably couldn't tell in person that these were noiseless pickups unless you knew beforehand. They shimmer, shine, and sparkle with all the subtle nuances of true single-coils. Tuning is superb, thanks in part to the perfectly slotted nut but moreso to the newly designed Dual-Fulcrum bridge that does not go out of tune. The 6 screw bridge on my old Highway One is probably feeling feeling the heat.

The neck is straight and Plek'd, fretting is top-notch, think Martin on an electric. The neck has a 12" radius which is personally a little more enjoyable for me. I had some fretting out/choking issues on my old Strat so I thought I would go flatter this time. With this fret job though, you could easily get away with a 7 1/4" radius. Guitar was $870 from ProGuitarShop. If you are getting a guitar online, get it from them! They will take care of you much better than GC, SA, or MF.

Without further adieu, here is a video of the guitar being playing through my Mesa Boogie Electra-Dyne 112 combo. No pedals in the way, just guitar > cable > amp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40O9pA2agKE

P.S. I apologize for the clicks and pops in the video, the amp was overdriving the Flip Camera's compressor, also for butchering Bark at the Moon. I haven't played that song much since '08. If you came here solely to watch epic shred, I refer you to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqeH9R1Qx3o&feature=related
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Very nice! I like the burst

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Thanks! I would go for it if the Tribute is at a good price. I saw one in a store for $750 and I was like whoa these G&L USAs are cheap here then I saw that it was a Tribute and then I thought oh these Tributes are expensive. Heh.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

great playing and nice guitar man. I was eyeing those pickups the other day and wondering if they were too vintage sounding, but they sound like they handle everything just fine.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab