First of all, the heaviest that I play is Avenged Sevenfold, early Metallica, Bullet For My Valentine, etc. So the amp that I want needs a decent amount of gain, although I do have an overdrive pedal that I would prefer to use for solos, but for rhythm if needed.

On the one hand, I am attracted to the stack because I can switch heads and cabs as needed. It has 50 watts and is loud enough for any gig that I will be playing anytime soon. I'm also attracted to the fact that Mike Soldano designed the amp. On the other hand, the Peavey is a combo amp, and it is less expensive, although that's not too much of an issue here.

Any ideas?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Which JCA are you looking at? JCA20? JCA100?

It's the JCA50. That just means it's the 50 watt, right?

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
OK, but why?

Quote by theogonia777
Because IMO it's superior to the ValveKing in every way. I haven't had the chance to play a 50 yet, but going off the 20 and 100 it should destroy the VK.
Quote by GoIrish668
OK, but why?

The VK is a good amp, as evidenced by this, however it can get very muddy. The JCA is just sex in a box.

OH, how do you like your ESP EC-256? I'm really like it and is probs gonna get it soon.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
The JCA, hands down. And that 50 watt head is the sex, I wants it so bad, as we speak. The VK is good, betterthan most 112s out there, but between the JCA and the VK, there is no contest. You will need a boost to get teh br00tALz however, and keep in mind the JCA can get sorta noisy, although that may just be the fact that my pedal sucks.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
As a Valveking owner, the Jet City beats it out of the box unless you mod the VK.

One thing the VK has over the Jet City amps is the effects loop.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta

One thing the VK has over the Jet City amps is the effects loop.

Effects Loop: Tube buffered serial

nope...
$600 on September 10th

JCA50 hands down. If I had a couple hundred more I'd be getting that instead of the JCA20 Brown Eye.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Aug 1, 2010,
JCA, definitely. The 50w has more gain than the 20, and one more channel. The 20w sounds awesome, I can imagine the 50w is even better
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com