So this is my old guitar, a a squire M70: (BTW this was a great beginning guitar)

I basically haven't touched it since I bought my new one, which is fine, but I think it would be kinda cool to convert this into a "heavier" guitar... put some higher gauge strings to allow drop tuning, and maybe replace the pups if I could find some cheap used high-output ones.

I guess the idea here is that the guitar would then server a purpose in light of my other guitar if I wanted to play through some heavier music. Then again, my current guitar is pretty versatile and so there might not be much of a difference.

Would this be worth the cost of new pups/installation? What might sound good with this guitar?
Gear:
Parker P44PRO
Peavey Classic 30
Boss PH2
Boss OD-20
Boss RC-20
MXR ZW44
Depending on the amount you want to spend, you could put some active EMGs on it (81/85 or 85/85, something like that) and get some 11-54 strings for it. That setup would sound pretty good downtuned around B.

As to whether or not it is worth it, that depends on you. Yes, the pickups are quite good considering the quality of guitar, but if you would enjoy it and it would save you buying yet another guitar, I don't see why it wouldn't be a win for you.
Last edited by AJDrac at Aug 1, 2010,