I recently began teaching myself guitar (I took lessons for about a year in high school but I don't remember much). I have been working on "What I Wouldn't Do" by A Fine Frenzy. It has pretty basic chords: D, G, A, and Em so I thought it would be a good choice and I love the song! I just can't seem to figure out the strumming.. Its driving me crazy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on strumming patterns or how to figure them out.
Sounds fingerpicked to me.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
Alright, well, that's a pretty easy strumming pattern to get, but for your own benefit, I'll leave you with a tip and let you figure it out yourself:

Tap your foot along with the song. More often than not, downbeats get a downward strum, and upbeats get an upward strum. Now, I'm tired, so I may be hearing things wrong, but as far as I can tell this song adheres to that rule throughout because the structure is pretty simple. Give it a try and tell me what you come up with.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
On public transport I furiously masturbate while trying to make eye contact with as many people as possible for as long as possible.
^
In theory, anyway. Once you get a feel for it, you have a bit of freedom in that area.
Quote by Ur all $h1t