Alright fellers, share your stories of annoying/aggravating things that happened to you while playing.

I was at guitar center today, and as you guys know, the stores have a drum section. In this store, there was a kit right outside the partially enclosed section. This guy a bit older than me steps up to this kit, and starts hammering away on it, and since it was outside of the drum section, we could all hear it, and at that, he went on for 10 to 15 minutes.

What about you folks?
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Vox Night Train 15W
An ever-morphing BOSS and MXR loaded pedalboard

"I eats more chicken any man ever seen!"
-Howlin' Wolf
I broke a string once.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
shoulda cranked the amp a bit more and started jammin with him. who knows, maybe you could have started a band right there.

I've never understood why some musicians are afraid of other musicians. we all work the same job, after all.

EDIT:

thanks. I mean even though hes testings out gear, as a drummer, if he hears someone riffing with him, hes gonna do his job and keep the beat. its second nature.
Last edited by bbetances at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by bbetances
shoulda cranked the amp a bit more and started jammin with him. who knows, maybe you could have started a band right there.

I've never understood why some musicians are afraid of other musicians. we all work the same job, after all.

Not a half bad idea...
i bought an electric drums set from a shop a while ago, and a long time later i decided i needed a new guitar. When i went back in there it was the same guy and i told him i was looking for a new, amazing sounding GUITAR. after trying a few, he started talking to me and SLOWLY began drawing me nearer the drum area, and just as i suspected he would, he started preaching to me about a drum amp that i needed. didnt ecacty happen while i was playing but damn it was aggrovating. i just wanted a guitar.
Quote by Bluesblitz

I was at guitar center today, and as you guys know, the stores have a drum section. In this store, there was a kit right outside the partially enclosed section. This guy a bit older than me steps up to this kit, and starts hammering away on it, and since it was outside of the drum section, we could all hear it, and at that, he went on for 10 to 15 minutes.

Jam with him? Hell, we guitarists are FAAAAAR louder than any drummers.

When I bought my AC30, I asked if they had a testing room where I could turn it up without pissing everyone off (no master volume). The guy said "**** it, just do it here" and he went onto the PA system and said "Long and McQuade customers, we will be undergoing an amplifier test, cover your ears" (I wish someone could say that every time I turn it on ) and we then proceeded to turn it right the **** up. They heard it across the street at a different store. Bottom line is, don't hate on drummers, we're far more annoying

Guitar related, when you see a guitar you really like at a store, and it's out of tune. that's a pain in the ass.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Jam with him? Hell, we guitarists are FAAAAAR louder than any drummers.

When I bought my AC30, I asked if they had a testing room where I could turn it up without pissing everyone off (no master volume). The guy said "**** it, just do it here" and he went onto the PA system and said "Long and McQuade customers, we will be undergoing an amplifier test, cover your ears" (I wish someone could say that every time I turn it on ) and we then proceeded to turn it right the **** up. They heard it across the street at a different store. Bottom line is, don't hate on drummers, we're far more annoying

Guitar related, when you see a guitar you really like at a store, and it's out of tune. that's a pain in the ass.

That's not too bad, unless it's got a double-locking tremolo system on it. Then it's the worst thing in life.
being left handed in a guitar store sucks
all those pretty guitars and only about 10 which you could really play most of which are low end guitars
The typical guitar douchebag gets all the attention scenario.

In the middle of a conversation:

Kid with guitar: Hey kid, some queer told me you suck at guitar. ololol
Me: Uh yeah I'm not that good.
Kid: Yeah I bet I'm way better. I bet you only play powerchords and stupid shit!
Me: Yeah I play powerchords...
KidFag! *G, D, Em, C, all played sloppily and screwing up every chord change*
Army of hot girls: Wow your so good. *looks at me* Who's this stupid mofo?

Yeah I'm an attention *****

I also hate going to a guitar store and when I decide I want to buy a guitar I find out it cost $800 or more.
Quote by slipknot5678

I also hate going to a guitar store and when I decide I want to buy a guitar I find out it cost $800 or more.

wat.

I would jump for ****in joy if the guitars I'm usually looking at only cost $800
Quote by slipknot5678

I should really get a job.

goddamn right! I know so many people who give me shit and say "what the fuck you rich cunt! how do you afford this shit! look at your guitars! look at your car! You rich son of a bitch! I guess your parents really spoil you huh, asshole?"

Their vision: spoiled rich kid living in a mansion in Richmond Hill

Reality: Middle class kid working 2 jobs living in a townhouse in Mississauga

Working at a young age = buying nice things (you don't have to worry about payin' the bills)
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Working at a young age = buying nice things (you don't have to worry about payin' the bills)

I've figured that out. Which is why I need to start looking for a job.

Although I am a spoiled rich kid
i was using my buddy troy's guitar once (we used to be in 2 bands together, i played drums+lead vocals in 1, in the other i played lead guitar+keyboards+lead vocals, but i didnt have an electric guitar so i used troy's hollow-body electric when we jammed, he was the bassist) and i broke the high e string in the middle of jamming, neither of us had ever broken a string before. it wacked me in the arm and i was confused because i didnt understand what had happened for like 30 seconds. then i was like "dude, i broke a string..." and every1 stopped playing, and he was just like "uhh yeah you did," so i said "well...are you ok with that??" and he said "well what am i supposed to say, im happy you broke my guitar string?" and i laughed for a second and said "i guess i can't keep playing..." and then we watched south park for a while and i messed around on my acoustic and tried out troy's bass
Quote by TMVATDI
i was using my buddy troy's guitar once (we used to be in 2 bands together, i played drums+lead vocals in 1, in the other i played lead guitar+keyboards+lead vocals, but i didnt have an electric guitar so i used troy's hollow-body electric when we jammed, he was the bassist) and i broke the high e string in the middle of jamming, neither of us had ever broken a string before. it wacked me in the arm and i was confused because i didnt understand what had happened for like 30 seconds. then i was like "dude, i broke a string..." and every1 stopped playing, and he was just like "uhh yeah you did," so i said "well...are you ok with that??" and he said "well what am i supposed to say, im happy you broke my guitar string?" and i laughed for a second and said "i guess i can't keep playing..." and then we watched south park for a while and i messed around on my acoustic and tried out troy's bass

BUT WHO WAS TROY?
Quote by supersac
being left handed in a guitar store sucks
all those pretty guitars and only about 10 which you could really play most of which are low end guitars

This!. My local guitar stores generally have 1-5 lefties and they all tend to suck.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by TMVATDI

Ahem.
Vox Night Train 15W

-Howlin' Wolf
No, but he already stated who Troy was, so it wasn't uncalled of for him to refer to him like that.
Vox Night Train 15W

-Howlin' Wolf
Quote by Bluesblitz
No, but he already stated who Troy was, so it wasn't uncalled of for him to refer to him like that.

dude ur in california, i would totaly believe u if u said u were troy cuz im gullible like that.
btw the reason the post was so long and detailed was...well, just because, i guess...