hey guys

i've decided to utilise the splicing method to fit a seymour duncan jb into my epiphone dot. ive taken off the plastic pickup ring and all i see is one black wire going from the bridge pickup to into the guitar's body. i was wondering how this works as you can see:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/schematics.php?schematic=2h_2v_2t_3w

seymour duncans have a green and bare wire that's soldered to the volume pot.
would i have to fish out my volume pot and solder the green and bare wires to my dot's volume pot? is there a way around this? can i just snip the single black wire of the stock bridge pu and splice my JB's black to the stock black wire? please help!

thanks a lot
Last edited by jimzer at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by jimzer
seymour duncans have a green and bare wire that's soldered to the volume pot.
would i have to fish out my volume pot and solder the green and bare wires to my dot's volume pot? is there a way around this? can i just snip the single black wire of the stock bridge pu and splice my JB's black to the stock black wire? please help!

thanks a lot

Yes, you would have to solder the green and bare wire to the volume pot. Unless you know exactly which of the black wires corresponds with the wires of the JB pickup, there's now way around this. Should take you up to half an hour if you take your time to do it right.
"Don’t be a guitarist. Be a musician."

Steve Howe