Page 1 of 4
The grammar was very confusing for the title, sorry, it's late.

Anyways, I was thinking 5 seconds ago, because I'm listening to Tool, I don't think the band would go on if a member died. I think it's because each member does such an amazing job at their instrument. Danny really ****ing rewrote the book on drums, and Adam, Maynard and Justin all have written extremely good parts.

What band would you hate to see lose a member?
Radiohead. It'd be weird.

Also I think the world would've exploded following the death of a Beatle while they were together.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Muse, blink 182, Tool, pretty much most three peice bands. 1/3 of the band gone would drastically change everything.

Edit: That post made is seem like I think Tool is a trio. I know that there's four.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Led Z-
Qu-
Met-
AC/-
The W-

I guess U2.

Nice one

I couldn't see anyone from the current lineup of Megadeth dying. Well maybe the drummer.
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Dream Theater

Well, I can imagine Rudess dying because I don't really like him as a keyboardist though.
Quote by guitargodofaus
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Their lineup has changed so much though, I imagine they'd be going forever.
cat
A lot of my favorite four piece bands would take a hit for the reason the three pieces mentioned earlier would suffer. They seem really tight knit and one person gone would kill the dynamic
Quote by Fiddly Diddly69

Nice one

I couldn't see anyone from the current lineup of Megadeth dying. Well maybe the drummer.

Are you kidding me? There are like 20-something former members, lol. Chris Broderick is just a gun for hire. A pretty damn good one at that.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Edguy. Opeth. Kamelot.

I don't want to think about it

EDIT: How could I forget Iron Maiden?
Last edited by Kämpfer at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by Kämpfer
Edguy. Opeth. Kamelot.

I don't want to think about it

EDIT: How could I forget Iron Maiden?

opeth have had quite a few member changes over the years.
i think it be more bands like outkast or I set my firends on fire that would suffer

but
slipknot....... oh wait
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
The Mars Volta, Rush.

I would kill myself if Steven Wilson or Mikael Akerfeldt or Devin Townsend died
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Last edited by fail at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by fail
The Mars Volta, Rush.

I would kill myself if Steven Wilson or Mikael Akerfeldt or Devin Townsend died

TMV already have something like 12 former members. They've never had a stable, at least 2 albums lineup. And at least one of them has died.
Jeremy Ward from The Mars Volta died, but if anyone else died, especially Cedric or Omar, I would cry my little girl eyes out. I love them all so much, and I feel like if they didn't exist, whats the point in music anymore? But I'm not going to create a thread about it.

But seriously, I relate to them the most. So if they die, I will be completely heartbroken. I already am, though.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
TMV already have something like 12 former members. They've never had a stable, at least 2 albums lineup. And at least one of them has died.

The Mars Volta is esentially Omar. So they should be called Omar's Volta. He even tells Cedric what to write about. The other musicians don't make much of a difference.

Doube post, sorry.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Robert Smith? Or J Mascis, or Billy Corgan back in the day. Would their bands even exist without them?
Quote by whatadrag

What band would you hate to see lose a member?

My own band.

Quote by jhardcore
The Rolling Stones.

Hasn't happened yet, probably never will.

Yes it has.
Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones died on the 2nd July 1969, he drowned in his own swimming pool.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
The Mars Volta is esentially Omar. So they should be called Omar's Volta. He even tells Cedric what to write about. The other musicians don't make much of a difference.

Doube post, sorry.

Juan Alderete doesn't make much of a difference? No-one can play the intro to Day of the Baphomets like he can.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Juan Alderete doesn't make much of a difference? No-one can play the intro to Day of the Baphomets like he can.

LEt's be honest here.. No one listens to TMV for the bass lines and you know it.

And besides, the best album they did doesn't even HAVE Juan.

Beside, omar writes the bass lines anyway.
Quote by vintage x metal

Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Doube post, sorry.

Omar's Volta.. The Mars Volta.

I think it already is
Quote by Jack Off Jill
LEt's be honest here.. No one listens to TMV for the bass lines and you know it.

And besides, the best album they did doesn't even HAVE Juan.

TMV has cracking basslines.And if you're referring to De-Loused, I will say Flea is actually a decent bassist for once on that album.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
TMV has cracking basslines.And if you're referring to De-Loused, I will say Flea is actually a decent bassist for once on that album.

It's irrelevant. The members of the Mars Volta group are told what to play. it's like assuming that the actors make that much of a differenece in Shakespeare. Yes, some of the actors are better than others, but Shakespeare is the star. Not Juan. It's Omar. But I'm a little drunk, so who knows.

Juan is a great bass player, though. I will say that, but I think the credit needs to be given to Omar. Because the lines that he writes are what we like. Does anyone know why that bass player has so many pedals? I mean Jesus, no one can really hear the difference anyway. Oh well, I'm going to bed.

NIght night.
Quote by vintage x metal

Metallica, I know they have gone through a few bassists but imagine if James die; now that is some heavy shit, I think james voice and kirk raping his wah (in a bad way) are their trademarks.
Protest the Hero

That band has had the same lineup since they were 12
Check out my band Disturbed
Blue man group
What a long strange trip it's been

Nothing to see here.

You hail the calves as eloquently as any facade of Easter Island.

Quote by Pencil Man
You know it get's serious when UG's Obama tells you off.

Call me Mr. President
The Eagles, theyve undergone a few member changes, but I think theyre at the stage now if a member died that they wouldnt go on.
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
The rolling stones
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Paramore or
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by blackborrego
Metallica, I know they have gone through a few bassists but imagine if James die; now that is some heavy shit, I think james voice and kirk raping his wah (in a bad way) are their trademarks.

About time someone posted something like this.
If either James or Kirk were to die Metallica would fail hard
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
green day.
Quote by BobDetroit
It's all about the abalone. You can't play metal without it. Mother of pearl? MOTO? GTFO!
Page 1 of 4