Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a string dampener that allows you to choose which individual strings to dampen? if it exists, where can I get one?
i know jennifer batten developed her own version, don`t know if it dampens just one string at a time though
You could probably make one with a capo somehow. Not sure how adjustable it would be though!
Look at the spider capo or something like that.

It basically consists of arms which can be pushed down to indivisually capo one string. If you don't push it down completely (and if you put some material between it could make it more effective) then it dampens it.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Quote by AntiG3
Look at the spider capo or something like that.

It basically consists of arms which can be pushed down to indivisually capo one string. If you don't push it down completely (and if you put some material between it could make it more effective) then it dampens it.

It looks a bit fat, i still want to be able to play the first fret. But very interesting, thx
Try foam ear plugs. Use between 2 strings to silence both, or from the neck pick-up to an individual string
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune