I really don't know how i came up with this. Sounds good but not good enough so any new modifications that can be done from you are welcome .
Attachments:
Strange thing.gp5
im sorry to break your bubble here , but its not that good , its good but dont get up your own ass , thats the mistake a lot of people make when they write music , they think everything they touch turns into gold , anyway dont take this offensive .. just letting you know

anyway bars 3 and 4 were out of scale and 7 and 8 and etc etc , anyway i fixed that for you thats all
Attachments:
Strange thing.gp5
Quote by MobiuZ
im sorry to break your bubble here , but its not that good , its good but dont get up your own ass , thats the mistake a lot of people make when they write music , they think everything they touch turns into gold , anyway dont take this offensive .. just letting you know

anyway bars 3 and 4 were out of scale and 7 and 8 and etc etc , anyway i fixed that for you thats all

Wth you seem the one that is talking out of your ass. Yes it sounds really good, and it's out of scale? So what? it gives it a nice, eerie sound. Puting it all back into the same scale ould ruin it's sound and purpose. Don't take this as an offense, but you seem like the kind of people who don't use eerie chords or wierd power chords because it's not conventional enough, just letting you know. There's no need to fix what's not broken.
I only heard the first bars, gonna listen it it all and then going to givo constructive criticism, part by part, like this guy should have done.

EDIT: The guy above me is not completely wrong. The bass is out of scale with the guitar, playing sore notes and not sounding good. I'm working on a file, I'll post it later.

EDIT2: Bass is done. Ignore the wanking at the end, I was just having fun .
I promissed constructive criticism, here it goez!

Nice eerie intro, perfect build up for a heavy song. Then it comes the bass, like I said earlier it sounds out of key and plays really sour notes which creates an unpleasent dissonance. Then there's a random brake with tow full chords, which is a really bad transition. Then it comes a chromatic guitar riff which is not really good, with the bass once more creating dissonance. Then the guitars turns into some random breakdownish one string riff and the bass plays a power chord: wich is again a bad transition; in my file I tried to fix it up a little by changing up the bass, doing a little chory melody. Then the drums do completely random double bass, which is another really bad transition (that I tried also to fix it up with some bass lick lol, still not that great) and the song turns into acoustic. Really pleasant chords melodies. The melody changes up, with the bass fitting nicely this time. Then it ends. 5 out of 10, the song has no coerence at all, but some parts of it could complement really nicely other songs.
One funny thing: the way you write reminds me of a friend of mine, when he played guitar for only a few months and started doing music on Guitar Pro. He did these heavish songs which were not very good, but he as always really good doing softish stuff with chords and stuff, just like you (no offense to you or to him lol). He then eventually became great composing songs, and he did something that i found amazing: an almost 10 minute song, with just some calm sad chords and a solo over it, but it was so good, the transitions were so flawless, that is something that I envy. I mean I'm ok at composing songs lol, nothing special (some better than others lol, like the disaster it was my Long Brutal Deathgrind song ), but I could never compose something that calming, relaxing and overall awesome. I try to make sometimes some longish mellow songs, but I always fail. Now this guy can compose some great stuff (and we have a project called Ephitymy, yay publicity for us lol), even greater at chordy stuff, and I think that you can become a good composer if you try to work your songs for a little, and never stopping writing stuff. Also, I would love to hear some mellow stuff from you, I think it could be pretty amazing

HOLY SHIT BIG POST lol, but oh well, this is it bitches
Attachments:
Strange thing [BASS FIXED BY OMETH].gp5
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Last edited by Ometh at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by Ometh
Wth you seem the one that is talking out of your ass. Yes it sounds really good, and it's out of scale? So what? it gives it a nice, eerie sound. Puting it all back into the same scale ould ruin it's sound and purpose. Don't take this as an offense, but you seem like the kind of people who don't use eerie chords or wierd power chords because it's not conventional enough, just letting you know. There's no need to fix what's not broken.
I only heard the first bars, gonna listen it it all and then going to givo constructive criticism, part by part, like this guy should have done.

well to each his own i quess , and your right im not one for eerie chords en melodies , and i just gave my opinion , anyway i cant blame you for your reply , we just have different ideas on how to write , wich is fine. im sorry my post was offending to you guys , i quess i should have articulated it differently.
Last edited by MobiuZ at Aug 1, 2010,
I can admit it sounds better now. The hole dissonance thing was an idea I had a long time ago but as I saw not that good. My main point is to mix up different styles of rock like "classical" clean intros then some chord progression then comes the fast paced part and back to the classy. I try to combine the power of Metallica with dream Theater. Sounds weird