Hey guys, how do you use a metronome to practice sweep picking? A note per beat? What happens if there are 2 notes on one string?
Steve Vai rocks. His pinky is almost of the same length of an average 16 year old's middle finger.

I love Schecter
I'm not the greatest sweeper, but I usually go by eighths, sixteenths, or eighth/sixteenth note triplets when I'm doing something with sweeps. And in the case of two notes on one string, I guess you'd legato the second note. It's what I do, at least.
American Standard Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser

MXR M-108 10 Band Equalizer
MXR M-169 Carbon Copy
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Dunlop JH-1 Wah

Peavey Delta Blues Classic 115

last.fm, add me if you want!
Quote by Apejack Cuba
I'm not the greatest sweeper, but I usually go by eighths, sixteenths, or eighth/sixteenth note triplets when I'm doing something with sweeps. And in the case of two notes on one string, I guess you'd legato the second note. It's what I do, at least.

Yup, tis what I do aswell
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
What I usually do is that I count how many pitches there are in many pattern, so like a normal major or minor sweep (1 note per a string & no hammer on's) would have 6 notes. Then what i do is that I just put one beat less on my metronome in order for the pattern to loop. So for the 6 note sweep, I would play over a 5/4 count.
Be sure to be coming up and down on the sweep...and start off on a 80bpm
Okay cool I'll check it out. Thanks guys.
Steve Vai rocks. His pinky is almost of the same length of an average 16 year old's middle finger.

I love Schecter