Hi everyone!

After buying a great guitar (Gibson Les Paul Studio Silverburst LTD) I'm after an amp that will show off the potentials of my guitar!

I'm looking for a tube amp for PRACTICE, (no more than 30W at most) and preferably with 2 channels (clean/overdrive)
I play mostly rock/alternative/pop/blues
Cost limit is up to $500 (either combo or head+cab)

I did my research and I'm interested in the Blackstar HT-5 combo and the Bugera V22, but I'd love to hear your recommendations!
Last edited by Wild_Rose at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by Guitar Sushi
Orange Rockerverb ftw

uhmm thanks, but isn't that over $500?
Quote by Wild_Rose
uhmm thanks, but isn't that over $500?

they're over 2000$ here
Bugera V22
Vox AC4TV
Blackstar HT-5

Give those a look, do some homework, and pick what you like.

EDIT: Just reread your OP. it would seem you've already looked at 2 of them. I'd give the vox a look as well.

But in choosing an amp it's great if you can actually play it before you buy, next to other amps. But if not, just watch as many YouTube demos and reviews and read as much about em as possible. Hope this helps.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Aug 1, 2010,
A used Peavey Classic 30 would be worth a consideration. Great little things they are. You can find them used around $400.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
the blackstar is an awesome amp. it can do pretty much anything with a boost pedal. and since u have the ltd silverburst les paul studio, it means u probably have the push pull volume knobs for the coil splits which makes the blackstar cleans sound ten times better
My Gear...
Fender Deluxe Fat Strat
Fernandes Retrorocket
Epiphone G400
Blackstar HT-5c
Blackstar HT Club 40
Quote by Jackamedmos
Marshall Haze

hahaha. No.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Everybody has already suggested good amps (aside that Marshall) but Ill throw in the JCA20H and cab, as that fits perfectly in your budget and your specifications. You may want to get a different cab though, the cab it comes with sounds great but you can do even better if you go used.

By the way, used JCA stacks run about 350 used on CL, The cab at 125 and the head at 225. Pretty much a steal, IMO.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Quote by someguy27
the blackstar is an awesome amp. it can do pretty much anything with a boost pedal. and since u have the ltd silverburst les paul studio, it means u probably have the push pull volume knobs for the coil splits which makes the blackstar cleans sound ten times better

yeap that's the one, good to know!

Quote by Captain Panda
Orange Tiny Terror

I've heard really REALLY good stuff about the combination of a LP Studio + Orange TT! The only thing that bums me is that it has 1 channel and only volume/tone knobs

Quote by CL/\SH
Everybody has already suggested good amps (aside that Marshall) but Ill throw in the JCA20H and cab, as that fits perfectly in your budget and your specifications..

that's an interesting choice, i'll look it up!

thank you so much everyone!

I will definitely try to test drive a few amps before I buy one, I just wanted to have like 5 amps in mind to check out without being completely lost.
Last edited by Wild_Rose at Aug 1, 2010,