Hello, I play in a Post-Rock band and have recently been looking to change my bass and get a greater warm sound out of a Semi-Hollow bass.

It's been quite hard for me to spot one I love as a lot of them are over lacquered and look "toyish" and unprofessional.

Recently, browsing through some live videos of a few influential bands I have spotted a lovely Semi-Hollow bass but I am having trouble identifying it as I have seen nothing like it before. Could you help? I will post a video and image below.

TL;DR: Can you help identify the bass in the media below?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSISTIeE0f8

All help is appreciated and any other suggestions for Semi-Hollows like this will be great too.
Looks gibsonish to me
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Quote by Gakbez
Looks gibsonish to me

Ayee, I was scared of that, it's got top-quality detail. :/
Last edited by Lukeeeeeeeeeee. at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by Bingt
looks like an old gibson eb2d to me.

edit:

Hmm, the pick-up selector and some of the knobs are in different places, plus the EB2D has a scratch plate, could it just be a different model type of that bass do you think?
just because it's the same colour as a Gibson does not actually make it a Gibson.

The pickups are wrong
the headstock is wrong
the control layout is wrong
the bridge is wrong
it has a tail piece that no gibson bass has ever had
Even the shape is wrong

5 minutes on google images says it's an epiphone EA260

Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0

I was wrong. It is the Epiphone.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by skater dan0
just because it's the same colour as a Gibson does not actually make it a Gibson.

The pickups are wrong
the headstock is wrong
the control layout is wrong
the bridge is wrong
it has a tail piece that no gibson bass has ever had
Even the shape is wrong

5 minutes on google images says it's an epiphone EA260

I. LOVE. YOU.

Thanks so much, this is perfect!
^ they did, but they do pop up used every once in a while. I just found one in a GC the other day, fantastic little bass. They go for dirt cheap too, apparently they're somewhat collectible, but not enough to drive the price up more then $400-$500.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
^ Yeah yeah! I just found that out too, I saw one on eBay, went for $440 or something. I'll just wait a few months or so.
Yeah, I've seen both of them, I like the Jack Casady (and may I add, WTF? Black? I didn't know). But the Ibanez look too "toyish", but the Ivory one's alright I 'spose.

I also found the Univox Coily to look like the EA260, however Univox sound kinda cheap.
In the 70s there were 100s of different brands all coming from maybe 20 factories in Japan. It's not uncommon to find identical instruments with different names on the headstock. If the Epiphone is any good the Univox will be the same.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
This may be off topic, but what is "post-rock"? I'm guessing it isn't new wave.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Post-Rock is godly.

It's like rock, with all the instruments and layouts and what not... However, it's riddled with technicality, ambience, atmosphere.

It's usually instrumental bands, and they're ALL over the TV shows, like the Discovery channel and other programs that require very emotional music.

You should definatly listen to some....

Try youtube for,

Explosions in the Sky
This Will Destroy You
Mono
Sigur Ros

^^^
My favourites.
Quote by Lukeeeeeeeeeee.
Post-Rock is godly.

It's so beautiful.

But related to your op, if you like the way that bass looks, and want good quality there are alternatives. Like the short scale artcore line that ibanez offers.

Edit:
Nevermind, I see it's already been mentioned in the thread.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you
Last edited by Victory2134 at Aug 2, 2010,
Yeah, I've had a good look at these, not bad ladies actually. Thanks for the reminder.

And I'm so glad you like Post-Rock. Spread the word!