Can anyone tell me why my bottom E and A strings keep breaking at the bridge of my les paul copy?

The strings I use are Dean Markleys (11-52)

The bridge i am currently using is a roller tune-o-matic.

I thought roller bridges are meant to drastically reduce string breakage which is why I bought one of these in the first place.

Please Help
Last edited by Yotakari at Aug 1, 2010,
If it's happening a lot you might want to check the bridge for bits of debris and otherwise sharp things that might cause the strings to break prematurely.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Do you think it might be the edges of the actual rollers? In which case I shall file them down
Quote by Yotakari
Do you think it might be the edges of the actual rollers? In which case I shall file them down

I don't know, I'm not familiar with the bridge itself, the point is that if it keeps happening too quickly and always at the bridge chances are there's something there that's causing the breaks.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
how hard are you strumming??? reduce the tension on your strumming hand or get softer plectrums, that might be the issue...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
With the average force of a regular guitarist I would say I use picks with a thickness of 0.60
Some guy at guitar center told my friend who had a similar problem to take a pencil and rub the lead-end in the spaces in the bridge where the strings rest. According to him the graphite lubricates it or something, so it won't catch on little bits of metal and stuff.
Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.
Put some graphite on the bridge
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Which E string are you talking about, the low E? I'm guessing so.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.