Hey UG,

I've been gassing for years for a decent Ibanez RG in a plain blue colour ( ever since I started playing guitar actually), and I finally got one.

Let's start of with the pictures, and I'll write down the review after that.
Lovely headstock, already changing the string ( 9-42 doesn't cut it for me ^^)

surprisingly great pickups

lovely dark rosewood ( it was very dry when I first got it, needed some feeding)

the edge pro , yes it's a 2009 model

Here it is, the 2009 Ibanez Prestige RG1520a!

love these prestige necks
Orange Enthousiast.
HNGD! I know what you mean about the prestige necks - they're gorgeous.

You've also reminded me I need to clean/feed my fretboards at some point.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
HNGD! Those walnut stripes look purdy.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
And a family picture (still refinishing the RG548)

review:
when I first played it in the store I wasn't really impressed with the guitar. The rosewood was very dry and the strings were already feeling old and were way too light for my picking style.

Still, it's a prestige, so the neck played awesome, very smooth, great satin finish on the back, less sticky then my RGA121.
Also ,the IBZ/DIMARZIO pickups sound great, even when playing thru a randall combo, which isn't really my kind of sound.

So when I got home, I fed the fretboard with some lemon oil, put on some 10-52 strings, adjusted the bridge and done!
Now it plays like a dream, just as good as my RGA121, but it has a more defined sound.

I might put a youtube clip online.
Orange Enthousiast.
Hngd!
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
HNGD. Whats the difference between a normal ibby, and a prestige model btw?
Quote by jpnyc
You are what they call a “rhythm guitarist”. While it's not as glamorous as playing lead you can still get laid. Especially if you can sing and play.

Beer is the solutions to the world's problems.

Ive always been a fan of blues guitars and thats no exception.

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by hitman_47
HNGD. Whats the difference between a normal ibby, and a prestige model btw?

Prestige models are made at the Fujigen Plant in Japan, normal ones Korea or Indonesia.

Japanese Ibanez models have higher quality parts ( such as the real wizard necks and edge/edgepro/edgezero bridges), and the quality control is much higher.

Indonesian RG's aren't bad persee ( I had a RGR08LTD not so long ago), but they really can't compete with the japanese models when it comes to build quality and comfort.
Orange Enthousiast.
HNGD Are you building a Warmoth there too?

Quote by a_hub10
I keep my Schecter in dropped D all the time, and i didn't buy an attachment of any kind.

Quote by CraftyTrickster
You should just tell the seller: ¡Boludo!
Nice i've had a rg prestige in my time but ended up selling it because i prefer my older pre prestige rgs mainly the volute i couldnt get used to it on an ibanez. I'm weird like that. They're still nice guitars though and this one looks cool. The cases are sexual as well.
Quote by haceteunosmates
HNGD Are you building a Warmoth there too?

no no , that's the original RG548 body I'm sanding down, I used to have a yellowish clear coat ( which can still be seen in the trem cavity, which totally ruined the nice ash wood for me, so now I'm refinishing it with tung oil.
Orange Enthousiast.
HNGD!

very nice guitar,too bad most awesome ibbys are limited editions which are exclusive on for sale in japan
Lately I am i love with prestige since I bought my 1570. Nice guitar, though I dont like the plain blue colour.. HNGD
My Guitar Rig:

> '09 Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue w/ DiMarzio John Petrucci Set
> ESP LTD V-50 Black
> Line 6 POD X3 Live
> Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
thx everyone

@metalter : yeah, I used to have a RG1570, I loved everything about it except the middle pickup and the colour, but the built quality was amazing. That's why I bought this RG1520, it fixed the things I didn't like about the RG1570 ^^
Orange Enthousiast.
awesome!
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Gorgeous,

Threads like these make me miss my Ibby.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
HNGD!!! I have the same guitar but in the Poisoned Pumpkin color. Great guitar.

I applied fret doctor to the fretboard, lowered the bridge and swapped the pups to DiMarzio AT-1 and Air Norton. Now it's a monster.