I was wondering if any of you knew the names of these two books. One is where a man creates a microscope capable of seeing at a atomic level and below. And sees that all atoms are planets with their own atoms and he eventually goes mad. And the other one is where a gardener becomes able to hear plants, and he hears them screaming, can't take it then kills himself. Thanks for any responses, and to answer a great man: Just more black.
Quote by Casketcreep
I don't know, but I'm hoping someone does.
They sound interesting as hell.

This
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Quote by mishax92
These sound similar to Stephen King style short-stories

Yeah, are they full books on their own?
Sounds like the usual interesting idea sci-fi thing, but I can't imagine it being any longer than a short story.
Neil Child Am I Young

EDIT: Contrary to what you might think this is something to do with the thread unscramble it and you find out something about the thread!
Last edited by BabyWantABottle at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by BabyWantABottle
I was wondering if any of you knew the names of these two books. One is where a man creates a microscope capable of seeing at a atomic level and below. And sees that all atoms are planets with their own atoms and he eventually goes mad. And the other one is where a gardener becomes able to hear plants, and he hears them screaming, can't take it then kills himself. Thanks for any responses, and to answer a great man: Just more black.

The second one sounds like a Roald Dahl short story.
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by BabyWantABottle
Neil Child Am I Young

EDIT: Contrary to what you might think this is something to do with the thread unscramble it and you find out something about the thread!

Neil Young - I am a Child
SPOILERS!

Dammit.

I remember the story of the second book you mentioned, about the screaming plants, but I don't remember the title.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Those books sound interesting as hell. Sorry I'm not much help

I f!cking love your sig for some reason.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!