Its sort of hard to tell anything about your songwriting abilities from those short clips. The lead playing is really nice though.
Quote by Tallica94
All the songs are great! I specially like song 3!

thanks a lot!!
Quote by primal100
Its sort of hard to tell anything about your songwriting abilities from those short clips. The lead playing is really nice though.

but overall the compositions aren't bad?
rythm and lead go well together?
Thanks
Song 4 sounds interesting. Has a very different mood regarding your other songs. That's why I think it's more interesting.
C4C?

Take a look at my profile!
Quote by Reeen
Song 4 sounds interesting. Has a very different mood regarding your other songs. That's why I think it's more interesting.

you would listen to 4 more then the others because it's different?
So i don't need to change tone or anything, just leave it like that?
Song 1:

Something about it sounds off. Like a flat note or something in the main melody. Sounds alright otherwise. Still really empty, though, but that's what you get when you just start a song.

Song 2:

I really like it. Sounds good. The lead guitar could probably stand to have a little bit of tweaking with the tone, but overall I think it sounds like a really good start. I would experiment with the bass a little bit too, rather than just 8th notes the whole way through. Also, I think the part with the lead, when you hit two notes at once, I think that that part could use a larger bend. I think it would sound more interesting.

Song 3:

I thought it was really solid. Nice.

Song 4:

Sounds pretty good until you get to the strumming parts. I think you are hitting a couple of notes that kinda take away from an otherwise good melody. Try muting a higher string, just sort of experimenting on different ones to see if it makes a more solid sound. Some of the chords sound great. Others sound slightly off. Still, not bad. Just minor tweakings.

Song 5:

I think it's really pretty. Maybe a bit too much reverb/ delay. I would mess around with those for a while until you get something really rich and beautiful. But other than that it's got a great melody.

Song 6:

Sounds awesome, but the leads are starting to sound the same. They all seem to come in with a long, single note. Maybe it's just me, I tried listening to each one multiple times before I judged. I think the main melody (which I love) could really open itself up to be a higher tempo song. The lead helps to speed it up later, but something about the lead's intro bugged me. Try seeing how a down slide intro sounds, and what you can build from there. For some reason that was just calling to me, like I wanted it to happen. The lead in the second half is nice though. Like I said, I like it when it picks up the pace a bit.

Really though, it comes down to your taste, not ours. If you like it, keep it. I'm just trying to help out, from an outside perspective. Just trying tightening up your playing a bit, tinker around with EQ's, effects, compression, etc. and love every second of music making.

Hope I didn't come off sounding like a dick at any point. That isn't how I meant to sound.
Quote by toine
you would listen to 4 more then the others because it's different?
So i don't need to change tone or anything, just leave it like that?

What I actually meant was that track 4 doesn't sound that typical. It's not a rhythm guitar and a lead guitar like the other songs have (and they sound very similar). I'd just prefer the type of the song. To me it sounds more like track 4 is "your own sound" and the other tracks are influenced by other bands. I don't know why, perhaps just because a lot of other bands have this typical clean rhythm guitar + distorted lead guitar thing. Perhaps I just got fed up with this style (;
C4C?

Take a look at my profile!