So about an hour ago, i picked up a cruddy Fullerton strat copy with a single humbucker off of my buddy for $5 (no thats not a typo) planning to just learn modding. so it plays ok, but the main problem is this hideous buzzing, that i originally thought was a grounding issue. but after playing around a little bit, i realized that if you push down on the cord going into the jack, the buzzing stopped. so maybe i need a new jack? some one help me out here

ps. the buzzing gets worse when i touch the strings
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Last edited by distortion896 at Aug 1, 2010,
There may be a couple things going on. The wire that grounds the bridge is broken and thats what is making the buzz get worse when you touch the strings. There should be a wire that runs from the claw on the back of the guitar (the things the springs hook up to) to the back of your volume pot. Replacing/adding this wire should fix that part of your problem. It also sounds like you may have 1 or more bad solder joint connecting your pots and jack. I'd give it a complete rewire and see if that fixes things. If it's still having problems then swap the jack.
Quote by CorduroyEW
There may be a couple things going on. The wire that grounds the bridge is broken and thats what is making the buzz get worse when you touch the strings. There should be a wire that runs from the claw on the back of the guitar (the things the springs hook up to) to the back of your volume pot. Replacing/adding this wire should fix that part of your problem. It also sounds like you may have 1 or more bad solder joint connecting your pots and jack. I'd give it a complete rewire and see if that fixes things. If it's still having problems then swap the jack.

awesome! ill give that all a try tomorrow once i get a few minutes. thanks a million

oh and thanks for Zurg? (i guess?)

EDIT: OH! i get it now. getting rid of buzz [lightyear] i bestow thee with a lulzstack!

Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Last edited by distortion896 at Aug 1, 2010,