Hey guys. I'm looking for some constructive criticism on this. It's the closest thing to a whole piece of music I've written so far (although it really isn't very long long )

In the beginning I had a string part playing a melody but it sounded a bit too similar to Largo from Xerxes so got rid of it for now. Overall I feel it's a little bit empty at parts so any advice, criticism, or what have you would be nice.

I had the beginning written and then added on to the rest for one of MT's composition challenges and this is how it ended up after working on it a little bit.

Whenever I write something it always seems like it's really short then when I come and check out the things the masterful composers here have written, they seem much more like a whole song and less like a couple of ideas stuck together...

Just hoping you could offer something helpful to a composing newbie

(PS: hope this is in the right place and that the file shows up )

Oh and I hope TuxGuitar isn't a bother for any of you. Hopefully I can get GP sometime soon.

Edit: Changed file type to GP5. Hopefully it works. And the breath noise sounds different in GP which I don't really like by the way.
Attachments:
Orchestral slow thing (revamped).gp5
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Last edited by FacetOfChaos at Aug 1, 2010,
1.2kb in size? I'm not sure I want to open that.
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
Quote by Seither2k
1.2kb in size? I'm not sure I want to open that.

.zip files compress the data so the file size is smaller.

Quote by DiminishedFifth
Can you export as GP5 please?

I'll see if it's possible.

Edit: Yeah I think it worked, let me upload it

Oh and don't worry about the fact that the piano has a bend

On the repeating part in the middle was thinking about adding a chromatic melody.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Who's going to stop you? The music police?
Last edited by FacetOfChaos at Aug 1, 2010,