I have a couple tab books and for convenience, I've put a lot of the tabs into guitar pro files for personal use. Would submitting these be unacceptable because of copyright infringement or something like that? Or would it be completely fine?
Just note it, if they aren't taken down fast, you're legal.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
Note for note transcription from TAB book? Yeah. May not be legal.
"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."

~Leonardo da Vinci
Quote by c_foster88
Note for note transcription from TAB book? Yeah. May not be legal.

Doubt it. What if someone gets the song 100% without the book? Then posts it, that can't possibly be illegal
Quote by brandon2784
Doubt it. What if someone gets the song 100% without the book? Then posts it, that can't possibly be illegal

Honestly, I doubt that'd ever happen. For faster solos it's pretty easy to tell when it's straight out of a book since otherwise people will miss the shorter notes/triplets, things like that. However, I know I've seen some out-of-the-book tabs on here before the Dethklok tabs were taken down, which is why I'm asking this. I'd hate to get all of the tabs taken down for some of my other favorite bands, as well.
couldnt you just change a few things or "dumb" it down a bit? This would make it your own work, in a sense, as well as minimizing any legal issues if there are any to be had.
Yeah if you ever did get caught, which I doubt, they'd be gone. Just take em and change up a few minor parts..
Quote by Danul454
Honestly, I doubt that'd ever happen. For faster solos it's pretty easy to tell when it's straight out of a book since otherwise people will miss the shorter notes/triplets, things like that. However, I know I've seen some out-of-the-book tabs on here before the Dethklok tabs were taken down, which is why I'm asking this. I'd hate to get all of the tabs taken down for some of my other favorite bands, as well.

It's not hard to do if you slow it down, actually that's normally pretty easy since most fast solo's are pretty straight forward. If you were worried though you could always just make the hard parts right then the easy ones that everyone else has right wrong. Then just say not 100% easy peasy.
yeah, and "official" usually means a professional musician wrote it, not nessecarily the band