Hey everybody,

I grabbed a Fender G-DEC3 as an apartment practice amp solution and got the in-store insurance pushed on me. The guy was saying how it was a computer and that things can go wrong and what not (I don't buy it to be honest). I was told I could pull the insurance off and get my money back if I wanted to so I figured I'd get it and do a little research to see if it's actually worth it or not.

So what do you all think? The amp comes with 5 year limited manufacturer warranty and the store's insurance is 7 years and covers everything (or so they say...). It was $60 for this insurance on a $300 amp. Seems a little steep to me but I'm cheap lol. Your thoughts?
thats not insurance...

its an unlimited warranty, if a slaes men told me they go wrong i wouldnt have bought it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
thats not insurance...

its an unlimited warranty, if a slaes men told me they go wrong i wouldnt have bought it.

+1 they`re not worth the paper they`re written on, 5 years is a good warranty, after that time you would of got your money`s worth put of it and might of upgraded, for the price of the G-DEC you would be able to pick up a used on for less than the cost of the extended warranty after 5 years.

remember the sales guy is on commision to sell you store promotions he`s laughing at you and everyone else who bought insurance of him, all the way to the bank.
It's useless, especialy when you already have a 5 years warranty.