If this is in the wrong place, sorry, didn't really know where to put it.
Alright,so I live in a small-ass town, so there isn't that many musicians. And if there are, they are all over 35 - 40 pretty much. My town consists of mostly old people, and little kids.

So the problem here, is that I never really jammed with anyone before. I have no idea wtf to do. So for example.
I sit down with Dayn (jammin' buddy) and I have my guitar, he has his, we switch on our amps.... ? What am I supposed to do?
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Start playing. I guess you could pick a key that you both are familiar with. Maybe use a simple chord progression while the other one plays a lead over it, then switch off back and forth.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Start playing. I guess you could pick a key that you both are familiar with. Maybe use a simple chord progression while the other one plays a lead over it, then switch off back and forth.

This.

I'm usually the "layer of beats" cause I'm the only one that knows any theory out of my friends. I'll play a progression and tell them to solo over it. After they do it for awhile I'll teach them the progression and we'll do something like every 16 bars we switch off and stuff.
Then once you get comfortable with one key, you can move on to another key perhaps. Maybe come up with a more complicated chord progression. Maybe harmonize some things.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Though I bet that is all good advice, when someone starts playing something, like a chord proggression, and I'm supposed to play something, my mind kinda blanks out, and I don't know what to do.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
Though I bet that is all good advice, when someone starts playing something, like a chord progression, and I'm supposed to play something, my mind kinda blanks out, and I don't know what to do.

Let's say you have a simple chord progression in the key of E minor.

While your jam partner is playing the rhythm, you can start to play a lead in natural minor E, or E minor pentatonic.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Let's say you have a simple chord progression in the key of E minor.

While your jam partner is playing the rhythm, you can start to play a lead in natural minor E, or E minor pentatonic.

Alright dude, will try this out. Thanks a lot.
Quote by DonGlover

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Quote by skylerjames13
Though I bet that is all good advice, when someone starts playing something, like a chord proggression, and I'm supposed to play something, my mind kinda blanks out, and I don't know what to do.

Don't think. Do. Listen.

One of the biggest roadblocks in improvising is thinking. Don't. Not until you have a good grasp of theory. Listen.
pick a song you both know and play it. then move on until you know them all thats what i do