hey guys im looking for a pretty cheap amp ($200-$250) that plays metla fairly well. im going to get rid of my line 6 spider III, which I finally realize is total shit. my gear is a ESP LTD MH-50 anda metal master pedal. i normally play in drop C and play songs from children of bodom, cannibal corpse, and carcass. the peavy vyper 30 watt amp is what im currently looking at but can you guys know anything better? thanks!
also sorry for the horrible grammar, i am running late for work and submitted without proof reading.
yea im planning on selling th spider for around 100-150, the pedal i love though, deff keeping it. ok well if i was to expand my price range to up to $400 what would you guys recommend?
The peavey vypyr 30 wouldn't be that much of an upgrade from the spider.
the flextone and the peavey classic would not be great for metal.

Although Jet City JCA20, Blackstar HT-5, Peavey Valveking would all probably work for metal. You might need an overdrive though. the valveking isn't amazing but sounds like it's the perfect amp for you.

They make a VK head, 112 50 watt combo, and 212 100 watt combo

i actually saw a barely used 100 watt vk 212 combo on NJ craigslist for $175
Quote by handbanana

the flextone and the peavey classic would not be great for metal.

Wat.

Do you actually ever post anything useful? Pick a goddamn VK, one of the shittiest valve amps there is, over a C30? Really?

Flextones are a typical option for high gain on a tight budget, so are C30s with a boost. Both sure sound a lot better than a VK to my ears.
Quote by TheQuailman
Wat.

Do you actually ever post anything useful? Pick a goddamn VK, one of the shittiest valve amps there is, over a C30? Really?

Flextones are a typical option for high gain on a tight budget, so are C30s with a boost. Both sure sound a lot better than a VK to my ears.

+1
I'd take a Classic 30 or Flextone over a VK in this case.

Also, watch out for a Peavey Ultra combo. It's been discontinued, but they go cheap all the time if you can find one. It's the same amp as a XXX (also discontinued)...or the current prodution 3120.
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Aug 2, 2010,
the flextone, h&k edition tube, peavy ultra plus, used xxx or jsx combo, etc...
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.