Yes. Check the ESP line made by LTD. Similar situation as Epiphone with Gibson but the ESP line is better overall than Epiphone in my opinion. But I believe you can find an LTD very similar to that for cheaper.

Sorry: it is the LTD line made by ESP. I had a bit of dyslexia at that moment.
Last edited by kylewieldsax at Aug 1, 2010,
get an epi les paul and put EMGs on (i prefer actives but you'll probably need routing for the battery compartment) or look at LTD ECs
No routing needed for the Epi LP. Pad the battery with some foam in the cavity as the pots and you're good to go.
what kylewieldsax said. or get a dirt cheap agile and pop some emg's in it. or an epi. there are lots of options for the aspiring metal guitarist these days.
My Main Gear

guitars
gibson sg special faded
Fender Stratocaster (turning it into the black strat relic!)
cort stat 2t
ventura (ibanez artcore lawsuit era copy)
'74 alvarez acoustic

amps
peavy transtube express 112
My opinion is widening your options more than a black les paul copy with EMG's. Have you ever played a guitar with EMG's? Have you looked at or played with different pickups? The best way to go is the original way and not get what your favorite guitarist has. Its not how your pickups sound. its about if they deliver the tone you like hearing and the tone you want. if you want a low or high output. humbucker pickups are a great high output pickup guitars. but maybe a nice set of singal coil is really what your looking for. another thing. buying online should only be if you dont have a music store nearby. always play it before you buy it. if the music store doesnt have a certain guitar or pickup your looking for they will most likely order it. also. it costs money to have pickups installed so you should put that in the budget.
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster

Amplification: Marshall JCM 800 100w
Straight 1960Lead Marshall Cab

Effects: Dunlop Cry Baby, Boss DD-7 Digital Delay.
LTD EC401 2nd hand...

or if you have to, Epiphone standard in ebony with EMGs

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
pickups are an advanced guitar players option. not for the beginner or semi advanced. i still play with stock pickups. i find stock to be the way i like it to sound. its not to high an output. or to low of an output. it works really well with the tone rolled down to 1 or 0. i have had duncans, singal coil, and etc. but i always went back to the simplicity of the stock sound and thats my sound. you can plug into eddie van halens rig he uses and not sound like him. maybe the way you play wont sound good with EMG's. there are so many good guitars other than ESP,Epiphone,Gibson,Fender,Squier. maybe a dean would suit you. only you would know. and you cant take our ideas. just our opinions. i can tell you to get a les paul copy and install semour duncans. but it might not be your sound. were talking about your sound. is your sound a les paul copy with emg's is the question you need to be asking yourself.
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster

Amplification: Marshall JCM 800 100w
Straight 1960Lead Marshall Cab

Effects: Dunlop Cry Baby, Boss DD-7 Digital Delay.
you are aware that that second link you posted is left-handed, right?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you are aware that that second link you posted is left-handed, right?

Yeah, I am.
Why do people keep recommending Epiphones, when the most logical, and imo only suggestion should be an LTD?

TS, LTD EC's range from $250-$800. How much are you looking to spend?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Andrew/WK
Yeah, I am.

just making sure
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
TS, if you don't know what teh difference between ESP and LTD is quality wise I'd advise you look into the LTD 400 series ESPs

http://espguitars.com/guitars_ec.html

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/80902

The reason the LTD looks the same is because it's the quality "budget" version of the ESP.
ESPs are the parent company and LTDs their lower line. So if you want the more modern SC style with thinner neck, EPi is not the way to go. The LTD is probably the most like that guitar in most ways just made in Korea with less expensive components.
Moving on.....