Page 1 of 4
so pit, im getting my license pretty soon and im making cds to listen to in the car.
anyone got any suggestions for good road music? straying away from the local rock station, what do you listen to while driving?
Speed metal is the only correct answer.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
93.7 Klbj
I don't always post in the threads but when I do its random and pointless because I'm ignorant enough to think you care.
Cannibal Corpse. It's especially fun to listen to it if you drive by your local elementary school and blast it with the windows open. The frightened looks on each mother's face are absolutely priceless.
Kiss - Detriot Rock City, on loop. Also, Kiss - God Gave Rock n'roll to you, just incase you think that God's mission is charity work is something, because it's definitely to rock n'roll.

I've always found Thin Lizzy to be nice driving music aswell.
any softer Smashing Pumpkins is great for cruising, also the Spun soundtrack, damn.
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Explosions in the Sky is great driving music.

Or if you want to go a different direction, Streetlight Manifesto.
Gear:

Fender Jazz
Spector Legend Custom 5
Yamaha BB415

Fender Bassman 400 Pro
KoRn - It's On
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Quote by Jon777
Cannibal Corpse. It's especially fun to listen to it if you drive by your local elementary school and blast it with the windows open. The frightened looks on each mother's face are absolutely priceless.

When I get my license I'm definatly doing this.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by Jon777

It's even better when you're driving a Fiat Panda. And wearing flimsy black leather clothing with spikes. And are covered in baby oil.

Now seriously:
Ladyhawke's self-titled album is probably my favourite cd for driving, as is La Roux's. Marina and the Diamond's 'the family jewels' is also great. When it comes to rock music, the Beatsteaks' 'living targets' or QOTSA's 'era vulgaris' are nice.

EDIT: I forgot:
Fuckbuttons - Surf Solar
Plus anything by Daft Punk or Fatboy Slim.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Aug 1, 2010,
Quote by Zed45
Shitstorm by Strapping Young Lad. Also We Ride.

I drove to Alien for months. ****ing awesome album

Right now I've been listening to Lady Gaga's Fame Monster album in the car a lot. And a mix with some Arsis. My Face of Innocence cannot be beat while driving. Same with Prehistoric Dog by Red Fang

I used to have a 6 CD changer and loved it but my new car just has a shitty stereo that pops out. I'll probably start using my iPod soon.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Radar love and Immigrant song, you're set for life
Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra, as opposed to the Bible? Who wins?-Frank Zappa
I tend to listen to dubstep while driving, stops me from speeding/driving dangerously.
Watching: Louie
Playing: Ground Zeroes, Fallout Shelter
Reading: Mark Danielewski - House of Leaves
Listening: Merrow

PSN/XBL/facebook/Steam : Latchem72
Origin/Twitter: JLatchem72
i listen to lots of country, and the pop station also
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Judas Priest is suitable. ALWAYS.
Quote by Jon777

You earned yourself a LOL-stack.
E-adopted by Andrea55

Quote by RubberPuppiessu
sucks to be you

Quote by metal4eva_22
you fail on so many levels it's funny

Formspring

[Insert statement here]
Reminds me of when on occasion, I turn up my stereo, roll down my windows and play Stand Up and Shout by Dio going down my road. Great way to go to work in the morning.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Testament. Especially when The Preacher or The New Order come on. The look on black people's faces is hilarious.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Thrash metal and speed metal

trust me
when your speeding down the highway you'll want to be listening to angel of death
Music is not the Olympics. It's not a sport; it's a form of expression. There is no such thing as bad music. There may be music that you personally don't like, but if you don't like it, don't listen to it.." Eddie Van Halen
In the Jaws of the Lords of Death by Japanese Cartoon

They're an awesome post punk band fronted by rapper Lupe Fiasco.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
+ 1 to the guy taht said era vulgaris. Also, the Offspring's Smash is a good one, as well as any of Slayer's early albums.
Last edited by GrungeJunkie at Aug 1, 2010,

I've found this album is awesome when you're driving.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Any of the 80s King Crimson albums.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Page 1 of 4