Page 1 of 7
I searched and didn't find anything, so here it is, the thread for all things magic the gathering.

Rules :

Your entire post cannot be an insult to the game or it's players, although friendly jests are welcome.

No spam.

If it turns into an argument, which I hope it won't, don't just reiterate someones point, come up with a new point.

I play casually every once in awhile, usually with a few months break in between. My favourite colour is green with blue as a close second. I usually play decks with big monsters and some sort of control for the early game. Go on, planes walkers, talk.
There is a thread for trading card games.

There aren't many posts in it though...

Should indicate how well this thread should do...
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by TheQuailman
I recently started playing it again.

I'm broke, so I'm stealing my little brother's cards.

Gameplay style or anything? Give the thread life my good sir.
oh god lol i have 2000+ cards sitting around and quite a few decks but i usually go with green and black mix. theres alot of creatures that have effects like "put Xcounters on per turn. remove Ycounters for a Z/Z creature token" and a few whose power/toughness equal the amount of creatures in play/graveyard or amount of land. sadly not many people around me play so i dont get many chances to kick some ass lol
Quote by aig91
"It doesn't get much beter than that! Ok, maybe a free ibanez guitar and marshall half-stack in perfect condition would be better, but free pancakes comes right behind that"

Quote by neptune1988
"My tone should be like me........FAT! "
I'm on a break at the moment, but I've been playing for about 5 years now. I usually play casual games with a group of friends, but occasionally we organize drafts and stuff. I visited a couple of Grand Prix tournament last year, those were pretty cool. See new places, meet new people, it's a lot of fun. I have an Elf combo deck, a blue/white control deck and I'm in the process of building a black deck.
Maximum Volume Yields Maximum Results
I had nobody to play it with for years, until a buddy of mine moved back form out of state. He had to reteach me the entire game, since I hadn't played since, um, probably 2002. I was disturbed by how different the cards look now. My last big era of Magic playing occurred around the time of Mercadian Masques, Nemesis, and Invasion. My cousin used to beat my ass with a card called Fungal Shambler.
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
I played a long time ago, but I didn't know the rules. And I just got the cards to look at them
Well here's my deck if anyone cares.

Land: 22

18 Forests
Khalni Garden X 4

Creatures: 23

Llanowar elves X 4
Joraga Treespeaker X4
Elvish Visionary X 4
Nest Invader X 4
Leatherback Baloth X 4
Kozilek's Predator X 3

Other: 15

Growth Spasm X 4
Beastmaster Ascension X 4
Overrun X 4
Bestial Menace X 3

It basically drops as many creatures and tokens as possible within the first few turns so that it can get a 4th or 5th turn win with Overrun or Beastmaster Ascension. Quite cheap to build as well.
Quote by The_Sophist
Gameplay style or anything? Give the thread life my good sir.

Uhm, we don't put much thought into it. I hardly know the details of the current rules, I'm still going by the rules from five or six years ago, for the most part. I'm reading up on stuff though.

My current deck is green/red. It's aimed at keeping my oponent from getting anything on the field within the first few turns, by using instants and enchantments to shoot down creatures (shock/firebolt/lightning blast/seal of fire) and enchantments (seal of primordium).
I also play some creatures and sorceries that let me search my library for additional mana, so I get a nice amount of mana quickly. One of the key points with this deck is a card called Mana Reflection, which doubles the mana I get from permanents. A minor point is the card 'Magus of the Candelabra', which lets me untap lands for mana, which in turn can be tapped for twice as much mana.
Usually, I have enough mana somewhere between rounds 5 and 10 to blast away an oponent with a single x-damage spell. The problem is getting there. The deck is ineffective against very quick opposition, like burn decks. Or against blue.
A backup plan, incase I can't get mana out quickl enough is a card called 'Copperhoof Vorrac', which is a critter that gets stronger the more untapped permanents an oponent controls. It's very good at later points in the game.

All in all I like the deck, though it has it's flaws. It looks much like a burn deck, but it plays more like a blue counter deck.

Feeling so nerdy, lol.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Aug 1, 2010,
Anyone else jumped on the M11 theme deck wagon? Just bought Stampede of Beasts, has potential.
I use to play along time ago. I recently started playing again (in a way) because I bought the game from the xbox arcade. It's actually really awesome and you can battle players on xbox live.

EDIT: I guess I could add I had tons of cards and some really rare ones. I had a polar cranken (SP?) which was 11/11 and many others. When I moved I forgot my huge box of cards (also had tons of original pokemon cards including some real rare ones) Never did get that box back. That was in 2004
Last edited by Scissortooth at Aug 1, 2010,
I haven't played in a few months, stopped to try and fund guitar. I have probably close to a thousand cards, but most of them aren't playable in standard play

Might just go back to playing guerilla magic with a few people I know who play.

My current deck is a green/red deck, designed to hit as hard and as fast as possible. Desinged it a few months ago for tournament play, but the sets have been rotated since, so it can't be used any more . I'll post it if any body cares to know what it is, though if I just built a random deck for use in guerilla magic, I could probably build a better one.
Quote by The_Sophist
Anyone else jumped on the M11 theme deck wagon? Just bought Stampede of Beasts, has potential.

I've given up on intro packs/core sets ever since I bought the Zendikar red/blue deck (the one with hellkite charger); burst lightning is the only card I use from that deck and I can buy them for 20p

They are good if you want to get started or even get a little familiar with the new set, but otherwise buying single cards online is much more cost effective.

Overwhelming Stampede is a nice card though, so I might buy some even though I think I just prefer Overrun
I buy the starter decks and add and subtract. Me and a freind usually play the three latest sets to come out, and anything before that we don't play. This isn't really a rule, I just get bored of them pretty fast.
Several-month bump, but I don't want to start a new thread.
Anyone use Magic workstation? I really want to play, but none of the few people I know who play it are on or want to play.

I'm just getting into MTG. I bought an intro pack a while ago, but don't have money to buy anything else now
Just started playing, bought 50 Red cards (and a few colorless monsters) from a friend for about $5. The Deck I'm working with right now is mediocre at best, I need more direct damage instant cast cards, better creatures (I'm in love with the Valakut Fireboar), cheaper creatures to get some early defense going. And a few spell cards to let me get a killing blow in.
Have a good one,
Phoenix
I want to find an open-source MTG game and somehow put it on GBA or DS since they are the only handheld systems I have. There is Wagic the Homebrew, but no PSP
Mirari's Wake + Mageta the Lion + Snake Basket = my Snakes on the Plains deck.
Izzet Guildmage + Lava Spike + Desperate Ritual = infinite damage Izzet deck.
I also have an Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth deck. That card is shit tons of fun.

I used to play a lot more but got out of it. Got back into it a little bit fairly recently and went to the most recent prerelease, and had a good time. Fun game!
Guilty pleasure of mine. I used to be a huuuuuuuge fan, way back when I was 12. It's actually an amazingly in-depth and enjoyable game and I'd like to get back into it. I have the game on Steam but it's not the same.

Back when I used to play properly I used a full green deck which basically thrived on "sit it out until you have the power to crush your opponent in one go", and a white/black deck which basically just crippled the opponent. I was in the top 3 of my school >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
My friend had this card.

He thought he was God.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
This thread reminded me of my cards so I ran to my attic looking for my Magic cards and only found 3 decks with extra cards from booster packs . Guildpact Orzhov(black and white), Guildpact Izzet(Red and Blue), Saviors of Kamigawa Truth Seekers(green and white). Must find the rest of my cards.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Anyone want to download MWS and play a few games? It's completely free (well the trial version is, but there doesn't seem to be any need for the paid one) and you get access to like every card that's been released.
If anybody has it for XBLA add me and we can play. I'm not totally positive if you can play people on your friends list, though? I'll go check.

And was that card for real? damn...
Quote by Nelsean
My friend had this card.

He thought he was God.

That would be from Unglued. A joke series of cards. Unhinged is the newer joke cards. Illegal in tournaments.

I have about 300 cards. Approximately 20 being rare and 100 uncommon. I was considering buying 500 cards from a friend for $50, but I'd rather get new gear.

Anyone who thinks new cards suck and are overpowered, reply saying so.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by byob_soad2
Anyone want to download MWS and play a few games? It's completely free (well the trial version is, but there doesn't seem to be any need for the paid one) and you get access to like every card that's been released.

Sure, why not. Got a link or anything?
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by albinokrikit
oh god lol i have 2000+ cards sitting around and quite a few decks but i usually go with green and black mix. theres alot of creatures that have effects like "put Xcounters on per turn. remove Ycounters for a Z/Z creature token" and a few whose power/toughness equal the amount of creatures in play/graveyard or amount of land. sadly not many people around me play so i dont get many chances to kick some ass lol

I believe you are talking about Thalids.
..I was watching my death.
Quote by timbit2006
Anyone who thinks new cards suck and are overpowered, reply saying so.

I dunno about overpowered, but I definitely like the style of the older ones more. I bought my first pack because of what I remembered of my brother's years ago. I was kinda disappointed.

Quote by entity0009
Sure, why not. Got a link or anything?

http://www.magicworkstation.com/downloads.php
Quote by byob_soad2
I dunno about overpowered, but I definitely like the style of the older ones more. I bought my first pack because of what I remembered of my brother's years ago. I was kinda disappointed.

http://www.magicworkstation.com/downloads.php

Ok, I got it installed, but damned if I know how it works

And I definitely enjoyed the feel of older cards, the newer ones seem more pipelined and less unique (Or what I have seen of them through the virtual games anyway)
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Ok, I got it installed, but damned if I know how it works

And I definitely enjoyed the feel of older cards, the newer ones seem more pipelined and less unique (Or what I have seen of them through the virtual games anyway)

it was weird for me too, especially since it was pretty much how I was introduced to playing.

From the main thing, go to View->Deck Edit Mode
Set up your deck and sideboard, and save your deck.

Is that what you meant?
Quote by byob_soad2
it was weird for me too, especially since it was pretty much how I was introduced to playing.

From the main thing, go to View->Deck Edit Mode
Set up your deck and sideboard, and save your deck.

Is that what you meant?

Yeah

Gimme a sec to set up a semi-decent deck
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Yeah

Gimme a sec to set up a semi-decent deck

Alright. Let me know when you're done and I'll try to figure out how to do this
i Have about 300 or so cards. No made decks in particular. Mostly green white and black. Havent played in years but there is a large group of people at my college that play together almost every day for hours. I wanna start playing but I also wanna try warhammer too.
entity, when was the last time you played? I know they've added stuff on like every release, and I'm still learning this game, so I don't know how well the rules will go
Quote by byob_soad2
entity, when was the last time you played? I know they've added stuff on like every release, and I'm still learning this game, so I don't know how well the rules will go

I play on the Steam version every now and then, but a proper game...8 years?

I've more or less created my deck now (So much choice ;_, so if you wanna try and work out how to make this work...
🙈 🙉 🙊
Nevermind, that was local. I have to look to see how to do this again
Last edited by byob_soad2 at Mar 11, 2011,