Hey there!
I was browsing the net a few days ago when I came across a Squire Classic Vibe 50's Strat. The finish looks lovely, and I have been told it out plays the Fender Mexican Standards. Any word on this guitar? If you have had any past experiences with this guitar please say! Whats the action like, the neck is glossed so is it sticky? Heres a vid with it in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn5EXpXEo2A&feature=related

It might play like crap. But c'mon, it does look pretty damn sexy...
Having played them, I can tell you right now they are in fact just as good as a MexiStrat.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Thanks for the info man! I need to get off my lazy arse and get down a guitar store to take a look at one of these. Cheers.
i cant remember if i played any of the guitars, but i played pretty much all of the classic vibe basses. damn good for the money. they sound good and feel good. not going to match a high end instrument, but i liked them just as much or more than the MiM basses i was trying. ended up with something else that fit what i wanted better, but i think they are very much worth trying out.