How do I pay import tax? I plan on buying a USB charger from eBay for $0.99. It's coming from hong kong. How do I pay it and how much will it be?
at that price you probally wont have too but dont take my word for it. customs are funny folk.
Customs are a shower of bastards, to put it nicely.
I had to pay 30 quid for in customs for a very expensive slab of mahogany, and the guys pulled it because certain types of mahogany aren't allowed in the UK.
Oh the trouble I made my mother go through to get it.
i bought one from the uk for £1.74 with free postage

but i've bough stuff from hong kong before totalling under £20 and never paid tax so you should be fine

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Slashestranged
But who's gonna ask for it?

exactly. answering your own question. if the thing gets shipped and it makes it to your house, then who cares? if it gets shipped and someone calls you saying you owe us money, THEN worry about it. I mean really, a $1 item? how much tax can that be, like 13 cents?
Quote by bbetances
bingo. im guessing you live in England?

He said he was buying it for $0.99?

Also, just order it, and instead of giving you it they'll give youa notice telling you to come get it instead. Then you go to the Post Office, get ripped off, and get your item. Yay.

That's how it seems to work here anyway
My name is Danny. Call me that.
I've gotten stuff like that before, didn't pay shit over the asking price, took a month but it got here.

99p for an entire FR. Mmhmm.
Quote by Slashestranged
I live in us. And above poster got a Floyd rose for 99 cents

dude, wtf? I buy stuff on ebay from HK all the time. Never once have I had to pay an "import tax". I'd expect that kinda talk from a brit, but I've never seen a fellow American ASK to pay taxes. Kinda odd.

and yes, he did say he bought it for 99 cents. $0.99 = 99 cents
It might be included somewhere in the price. I doubt skirting tax laws is as easy as buying on eBay.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by bbetances
dude, wtf? I buy stuff on ebay from HK all the time. Never once have I had to pay an "import tax". I'd expect that kinda talk from a brit, but I've never seen a fellow American ASK to pay taxes. Kinda odd.

and yes, he did say he bought it for 99 cents. $0.99 = 99 cents

If that's directed at me, I was meaning that since it was in dollars it was unlikely he was in the UK.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by guylee
why do you have to order one of those all the way from Hong Kong, anyway? Seems like something you could find in your own frickin' country...

it costs three dollars more in the country