Hey guys, im planning on upgrading my amp, i currently own a line 6 spider III 75w combo its cool when i play it in my bedroom(low volume) but when im with my band i have to crank it up and it gets so muddy and awful , i want to get the peavy vypyr 60w tube(hybrid), my question is: is the peavy going to be louder without getting muddy sound on high volume? if it is, what amp combo would you recommend me(no ss)? i mainly play metal thrash,death,heavy. have small gigs and my budget its around 500-700dlls
Thanks.
I would say get a higher wattage amp, or get everyone else to turn down a bit...

I'd imagine that you're at quite a high volume for a 75w amp to be 'too loud', so getting a higher wattage amp should help fix the problem. But really just playing in a band shouldn't cause you to turn up so loud that it affects your tone... Maybe your amp is broken.

So yeah, a higher wattage amp is recommended.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Bassist Rising
I would say get a higher wattage amp, or get everyone else to turn down a bit...

I'd imagine that you're at quite a high volume for a 75w amp to be 'too loud', so getting a higher wattage amp should help fix the problem. But really just playing in a band shouldn't cause you to turn up so loud that it affects your tone... Maybe your amp is broken.

So yeah, a higher wattage amp is recommended.

Actually with the spider that's just the case unfortunately. I usually had mines cranked to 12 o clock at least and my god it sounded dire.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Is your stuck on modeling combos, I would go with the Viper 120. NOT because it has 120watts...but that will help, but because it uses 2 12" speakers. More speakers=more volume with less speaker breakup. Sounds like your just pushing your speaker too hard.

NON-modeling amps to look at:
Bugera 626x and 333/xl both 2x12
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune