View poll results: What to do?
Keep it and learn to play
14 82%
Sell it
2 12%
Other (Explain)
1 6%
Voters: 17.
Okay, first off I'm not sure if this is the best place to be posting this but because there's no other forum that seems to fit the bill I'll just go ahead and post it here.

So anyways earlier today I picked up a Cello for $30 at a garage sale...Case and bow included...It's missing a couple strings but other than that it seems to be in pretty excellent condition. My question is this: Should I attempt to teach myself how to play it or simply try to resell it for profit (And if so how much do these things usually go for?)?
Learn how to play the beginning of C U When U Get There - Coolio. Get bitches. Sell.
Quote by Corbin614
Okay, first off I'm not sure if this is the best place to be posting this but because there's no other forum that seems to fit the bill I'll just go ahead and post it here.

So anyways earlier today I picked up a Cello for $30 at a garage sale...Case and bow included...It's missing a couple strings but other than that it seems to be in pretty excellent condition. My question is this: Should I attempt to teach myself how to play it or simply try to resell it for profit (And if so how much do these things usually go for?)?

I assume Cellos are like big ass violins so you should learn with a teacher becasue all of the technique and stuff like that.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Try learning it and then sell it when all around you threaten to rip your eyes out.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Pose in pictures with it.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Cellos aren't the easiest of instruments, I'd recommend a teacher. Also, I'd probably get that thing checked out by a Luthier that specializes in bowed instruments before putting a price tag on that thing.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I voted sell. Although I love to hear the cello, I think that it is a very difficult instrument, so unless you really want to dedicate yourself to it, you should sell it and buy something that goes with what you are already learning.
On the other hand, maybe you have a knack for learning different instruments and tunings - if so ignore me and jam with it.
Quote by Jackal58
Try learning it and then sell it when all around you threaten to rip your eyes out.

Excellent idea there....Is it really that hard?
Quote by Corbin614
Excellent idea there....Is it really that hard?

It takes a bit of time to get the bow right. During that time it sounds like 3000 cats fucking inside a shoe box.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Might as well try. If you don't like it then sell it.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
You just turn it to the side, and, cello, its a bass.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ